IGNORED

Colecovision price

metzger130

I accidently posted this in the general area so I thought I would just put it in the Coleco area since that's where I'm assuming most people who are knowledgeable about the coleco will look at this. So

I am looking on buying a colecovision and someone has one on craigslist with roller controller, steering wheel, wico controller, antenna converter and Adam converter for $100. Problem is it comes with no games. They say it works perfectly. Is this a good price or risky since there are no games? Also, what should I look for in buying a colecovision. I would obviously like games to come with it but I see all the extras and now sure if those would be beter to have and just buy games or what they are all used for anyways.

Thanks

I accidently posted this in the general area so I thought I would just put it in the Coleco area since that's where I'm assuming most people who are knowledgeable about the coleco will look at this. So

I am looking on buying a colecovision and someone has one on craigslist with roller controller, steering wheel, wico controller, antenna converter and Adam converter for $100. Problem is it comes with no games. They say it works perfectly. Is this a good price or risky since there are no games? Also, what should I look for in buying a colecovision. I would obviously like games to come with it but I see all the extras and now sure if those would be beter to have and just buy games or what they are all used for anyways.

Thanks

Buy a refurbished unit from a member here: Yurkie

He is doing great job and you will be sure everything works.

CV Systems have (most of the time) problems with several symptoms

Don't bet on a craiglist one, buy one from Yurkie here

• Like 1

Thanks

Who has all that Coleco related stuff and not one game? Weird. Yeah, unless you have a game to test it with or they can prove it works I'd offer them like $25.00, and state the reason why (you don't know if it works or not). When you say antenna converter and Adam converter are you talking the RF switchboxes?

• Like 1

I'm guessing the antenna converter is the RF Switchbox. I asked about the Adam Converter and I got this response "I guess there is another console called the adam and the converter plugs into the power slot of the coleco. I'm not exactly sure what it does though." So, not much help to me at least

I'm guessing the antenna converter is the RF Switchbox. I asked about the Adam Converter and I got this response "I guess there is another console called the adam and the converter plugs into the power slot of the coleco. I'm not exactly sure what it does though." So, not much help to me at least

Well the adam is a computer system made by coleco. The adam can connect to the colecovision via the expansion port on the front of the colecovision. My guess would be that they have an expansion module 1 which allows you to play atari 2600 games on the coleco. But without a picture or better discription its hard to say for sure.

Edited by Manoau2002

If the Colecovision turns on and shows the "Turn off to insert cartridge" message and color looks right, then it's pretty probable it works fine.

Besides all other peripherals included are at good price.

Remembers it's almost sure that you'll have to open everything to clean up.

Another thing you can do is to get Turbo, Slither and Donkey Kong cartridges and take them to test the Colecovision ;)

what does a Colecovision cartridge look like? The reason I ask is because I have a 7800 I bought off of Craigslist and it has a pitfall does not go to 7800. It also does not fit my inetelevision so I am wondering if that is what it is. I know it is not a game that is listed on here but at least it is a game.

what does a Colecovision cartridge look like? The reason I ask is because I have a 7800 I bought off of Craigslist and it has a pitfall does not go to 7800. It also does not fit my inetelevision so I am wondering if that is what it is. I know it is not a game that is listed on here but at least it is a game.

Pitfall for the 2600 should fit in your 7800 ...

the 5200 pitfall is a monster

I'm gonna guess it's it's for the Atari 400 / 800 computer

kgrhqfreff9izwc3brgdizu.jpg

I checked the cartridge and there are no slots in the back for overlays so I am guessing it is the Atari 400/800 cartridge

Yeah the Colecovision version does have a slot for an overlay. (not all colecovision games have that) You can tell by looking at the bottom that it is not a Colecovision cart because the PCB is too wide. I don't think its an Atari computer cart because it has activision stamped in the plastic. My guess would be commodore 64. I found a website with different pitfall label variants for different systems. http://www.mobygames.com/game/pitfall/cover-art

Edited by Manoau2002

I don't have Pitfall, but I have an Atari 400/800 Kaboom! cartridge (also by Activision) and although the cart is similar in shape, the PCB is much narrower. The Atari cart measures approximately 2.5" wide and 2.75" tall.

post-9212-0-71676300-1368460677_thumb.png

Activision is stamped on the back of the Atari computer version cartridge.

I checked the cartridge and there are no slots in the back for overlays so I am guessing it is the Atari 400/800 cartridge

Edited by jblenkle

Update on the system. Texted about how he knows it works and this is what I got back from the guy:

I asked the guy how he knows it works. He said "I had a lot like 37 games and some guy bought them all. Believe me I tested and played it for hours and if you can bring your games I'll show you it works." so I guess my question is, what do you think on this one? What games would be good to "take over" since I have none to check out the system if I decide to go for it. I guess with the roller controller going localy for 35, and there are a couple other things there, it just feels like a good deal. If it does work, should I see if he would go lower?

nanochess already told you the best things to bring

"

Another thing you can do is to get Turbo, Slither and Donkey Kong cartridges and take them to test the Colecovision ;) "

Turbo to test driving module. Slither to test roller controller, and donkey kong to just have another game to test colecovision.

I'm just asking a lot of questions because I never owned a colecovision before and want to make sure that when I get one it works well, is a decent price and will enjoy it for many years. I've seen them on youtube, and I have an emulator, but never owned ths system. Another thing, do you really need all the extra things like the roller controller, driving wheel and such to play the games or can you just use the controllers for the games and those are just extra "fun" things like a pc.

Edited by metzger130

Update on the system. Texted about how he knows it works and this is what I got back from the guy:

I asked the guy how he knows it works. He said "I had a lot like 37 games and some guy bought them all. Believe me I tested and played it for hours and if you can bring your games I'll show you it works." so I guess my question is, what do you think on this one? What games would be good to "take over" since I have none to check out the system if I decide to go for it. I guess with the roller controller going localy for 35, and there are a couple other things there, it just feels like a good deal. If it does work, should I see if he would go lower?

If everything works it doesn't sound like a bad deal. It can be expensive to buy all those controllers individually and have them shipped via ebay. Haggling doesn't hurt anything. You could offer him 75.00 or something or you could wait a few days and try to get it even cheaper.

Another thing, do you really need all the extra things like the roller controller, driving wheel and such to play the games or can you just use the controllers for the games and those are just extra "fun" things like a pc.

Most games require the regular Colecovision controllers. There are a few games (mentioned above plus frontline and destructor i believe) that require the driving controller or roller controller. Also the super action sports games require the super action controllers.

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO, you're right at the cusp of being it being a worthwhile deal. It would be best to haggle down and I think $50-$75 like suggested above is a good price point (especially with no games). I have yet to see a steering wheel not work but make sure it has the battery cover. Roller controllers are finicky at times. I will say this, a Colecovision is a great console so you will be happy regardless.

ColecoVision System $50.00 + Roller Controller $25.00 + Driving Module $25.00 = $100.00 . These prices are for good condition and working items.

You have to find out what the ADAM Converter is as there is no way we can offer help on this one without all the details. Is it the complete Expansion Module #03 ADAM Computer System ($125-$150) or is it just the E.M. #03 Memory Console ($35-$50) or is it the Power Adapter ($5) that let's one connect the Roller Controller to the ADAM Computer?

If the seller provides pics of everything, why don't you just provide a link so that we may look everything over? |:)

Edited by NIAD