IGNORED

Nintendo Direct - 5/17/13

Mendon

http://youtu.be/8w8pYTc6QEk

Resident Evil Revelations looks really good, as does Pikmin 3 and Super Luigi U. I especially like all the new gameplay features of Pikmin 3 and all the differing control methods, including using the gamepad alone with Wiimote/Nunchuk control.

I've never been a fan of the 10sec Wario mini-game titles so I'm unsure about Game & Wario. But at least it looks somewhat interesting to me.

And finally, a release date for Wonderful 101... Yes!!

Only thing I found puzzling was that the Luigi DLC will be available on the eShop on June 20th but the stand alone version won't be available until August. Guess its another method of pushing eShop downloads vs. physical. But I appreciate Nintendo giving me a choice of purchase options to buy the game and I can wait a couple months and spend the extra $10 to get the physical version.

Well, I think Pikmin, Wonderful 101 and Super Luigi U will finally drive me to purchase the system. Even if I don't have the WiiU yet, I will be snagging up the retail version of the Luigi game, it is about time he got his dUe. I think the idea for doing the demos of upcoming games at Best Buy as part of E3 week is the kind of thing they need to do more of, if this system is ever going to take off. If they could make just one change to their MO and hire outside marketing consultants, I think they would do a hell of a lot better in the future.

Sonic would be an awesome addition to MarioKart, but you know how the Rumor mill works.

I hope this and the upcoming "Doom and Gloom" scenarios go away soon with the May/June announcements of new games. EA may have jumped ship, but their not the best 3rd party dev in town and it seems a lot of other devs will continue to support Wii-U. While I was originally planning on getting the DLC content pack for New Mario Brothers U, I really enjoy collecting the retail discs when/if they're available. I'm not sure if I'll bite or wait on it. I'm thinking if the DLC requires the original Mario game disc anyway, I may as well and invest the $10 extra for the separate disc version.

Edited by stardust4ever

Sonic would be an awesome addition to MarioKart, but you know how the Rumor mill works.

With Sega having their own successful kart franchise, I'd be a bit surprised if that happens.

I'd like to see Mario Kart expand its focus to the entire Nintendo universe though. Getting a bit tired being limited to the Mario universe.

With Sega having their own successful kart franchise, I'd be a bit surprised if that happens.

I'd like to see Mario Kart expand its focus to the entire Nintendo universe though. Getting a bit tired being limited to the Mario universe.

Zero Suit Samus or princess Zelda would make a nice addition to the female character roster. Nintendo needs to be more original though. Some of the characters tend to be pretty generic, for instance including "baby" versions of nearly every princess/plumber character tends to become overkill. Also, nearly every classic enemy has made a playable appearance in kart/party/spinoff games with the exception of Goomba. A throwback to the Paper Mario series like Goombario or Goombella would be kinda cool. But how would they drive without arms?

The same way Mii's run without legs.

It wasn't really characters I had in mind though since I always select Koopa or Toad. Rather, I would like to see courses set in other Nintendo worlds. And I'm sure that those that do care about the character rosters would appreciate seeing it opened beyond the Mario franchise to encompass components from other Nintendo franchises.

Like you're saying, they're stretching for characters in recent Mario Kart entries that went beyond the traditional roster of 8 drivers or so. And many of the courses are retreads every time like the obligatory Bowser's Castle. So this would be a solution for that and bring in some much needed fresh air.

I forgot to add earlier that I'm happy to see New Super Luigi U getting a retail release. I don't care for expensive downloads so this is perfect. I'm curious though if NSMBU will be seeing a price drop later this year since this new standalone game that adapts and modifies its courses for Luigi will be only $29.99 at retail.

Seems as if the rumor that this third Sonic game is some sort of kart racing collaboration is getting a lot of mileage. So perhaps we will see Sega and Nintendo combining forces for a kart racer despite both having their own successful franchises in that area.

Edited by Atariboy

The retail disc of Luigi will also be a limited edition. While the wait stinks I can't pass up that lovely green case.

''Nintendo has revealed that New Super Luigi U will be released as a limited edition standalone boxed game as well as DLC for those who already own New Super Mario Bros. U.

The physical copy will come in a fetching green case and will retail for $29.99 in North America - $10 more than the DLC. It's expected to hit store shelves August 25th, while the European release will take place almost a month earlier, on July 26th. The DLC edition is coming June 20th.''

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/new_super_luigi_u_will_be_available_as_a_standalone_packaged_game

• Like 1

Hopefully with their desperation for new software, Nintendo will do what it takes to get that Sega release out over here.

Likewise. I actually haven't played the series yet, so I'm crossing my fingers it eventually gets released over here. From now on I'll be trying to buy any re-releases or future third party titles on the Wii-U first, if it's a possibility.

Here's a look and it looks GOOD to me!!

http://youtu.be/G3BqHbga7Tg

Fantastic! I would probably get the Wii U version over any others because I am hoping the map of the town would display on the Gamepad. Also, inventory would be cool on the gamepad as well. I hated going in and out of menu's so much. I'm really hoping this comes stateside. For me personally Yakuza 1 and 2 are some of the best and fondest games for me that I played. Probably the only games that sparked some emotion for me. Really fantastic storyline based off of Japanese crime novelist...Hase Seishu. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hase_Seishu

Ok I'm rambling on. I love these two games. :D

Fantastic! I would probably get the Wii U version over any others because I am hoping the map of the town would display on the Gamepad. Also, inventory would be cool on the gamepad as well. I hated going in and out of menu's so much. I'm really hoping this comes stateside. For me personally Yakuza 1 and 2 are some of the best and fondest games for me that I played. Probably the only games that sparked some emotion for me. Really fantastic storyline based off of Japanese crime novelist...Hase Seishu. http://en.wikipedia....iki/Hase_Seishu

Ok I'm rambling on. I love these two games. :D

Whats funny is that I read an article on Kotaku yesterday where they are already saying that the Wii U version isn't as "polished" as the PS3 version:

http://kotaku.com/this-wii-u-game-doesnt-seem-as-polished-as-its-ps3-ver-508843306

Sheesh..... seems like all people do is bitch, bitch, bitch about the Wii U no matter what Nintendo does or what title is released.

Edited by Mendon

Whats funny is that I read an article on Kotaku yesterday (I'll try to link to it later) where they are already saying that the Wii U version isn't as "crisp" and "detailed" graphically as the PS3 version.

Sheesh..... seems like all people do is bitch, bitch, bitch about the Wii U no matter what Nintendo does or what title is released.

It figures. I think at this point they are beating on it for the sake of beating on it which to me it then becomes almost fanboyish and troll-like. I'll try and search for that, I wonder what they mean by crisp and detailed. I doubt anyone will be able to tell if they play unless it's really bad.