IGNORED

Princess Rescue Now Available!

Albert

I know what you talking about on youtube, Sony went after everybody that put I dream of Jeannie shows on(hulu is the only the only place you can find them now and its not even all seasons just season2)

Oh, believe me, it's readily available elsewhere. (The copies on Youtube were pirated, of course, so I assume you're not just referring to legitimate sources.) Pulling something popular off of Youtube is the surest way to drive people to the darker corners of the net.

And of course that tiki-faced douchebag is going to keep making pirate Atari carts. I suspect it's all he has left.

You suggest making a "tribute" that doesn't involve the name or characters. The only such example I can think of that I consider any good was "3D Dot Game Heroes", and even that's mainly decent because of its parody elements and design conceit. And I'm an outlier for even liking that game; most people passed it up.

Okay, and also Zork.

3D Dot Game Heroes is quite an awesome little adventure game. I quite enjoyed it, loved the artstyle, and when I wasn't in the field or crawling dungeons, I was creating 3D versions of classic Mario themed characters. I even built a real life model of one of my "sprites" out of dice. You can see a thumbnail of it in my avatar. Despite my enjoyment of 3D Dot Game Heroes, I still can't for the life of me get into the classic 8- and 16-bit Zeldas, despite being the very game 3D Dto Heroes pays homage to. Maybe Nintendo just simply built them a little too tough back then?

As an outsider looking in on this, I think the main thing that caused trouble was all the media exposure for Princess Rescue. Nintendo probably felt they had no choice, after all the publicity for the game. It's still a shame, though...

No such thing as bad publicity, as they usually say. In this case, however, it was the good publicity that turned bad.

3D Dot Game Heroes is quite an awesome little adventure game. I quite enjoyed it, loved the artstyle, and when I wasn't in the field or crawling dungeons, I was creating 3D versions of classic Mario themed characters. I even built a real life model of one of my "sprites" out of dice. You can see a thumbnail of it in my avatar. Despite my enjoyment of 3D Dot Game Heroes, I still can't for the life of me get into the classic 8- and 16-bit Zeldas, despite being the very game 3D Dto Heroes pays homage to. Maybe Nintendo just simply built them a little too tough back then?

not a fan of zelda the original nes version?. we played that for hours everyday with no internet help or magazines as kids. that was a real game.. they dont make em like that anymore..zelda was a puzzle adventure game none like it.. Edited by Jinks

not a fan of zelda the original nes version?. we played that for hours everyday with no internet help or magazines as kids. that was a real game.. they dont make em like that anymore..zelda was a puzzle adventure game none like it..

Different strokes for different folks I guess. It was a different world back then. Children these days don't know what they're missing. BTW I never played Zelda as a child so maybe that might be why I can't get into it now. Super Mario Brothers, on the other hand, I've saved the Princess like a billion times already and it never gets old.

not a fan of zelda the original nes version?. we played that for hours everyday with no internet help or magazines as kids. that was a real game.. they dont make em like that anymore..zelda was a puzzle adventure game none like it..

I can't speak for Stardust, but I already had a C64 by the time my little brother got the NES, thought consoles were kid stuff by then (I was 16, and spending more time downloading Macpaint pr0n at 300 baud than playing games), and apart from a little bit of the Mario stuff I never played any Nintendo console games until buying the Gamecube in 2002. My only experience with the original Zelda was on the Zelda Collection disc on the Gamecube, and since then in emulators. I played it enough to realize what was happening in 3D Dot Game Heroes where I'd lose half a heart and my sword lost its power, but I had no idea what was going on.

Ocarina of Time went too far in the other direction with Navi's constant interruptions, but it's still my favorite game, and knowing how to play is a part of that. Unless someone actually remade the original with some of the tutorials and stuff we find in modern games, I'll probably never get through it unless I just bring up a walkthrough when I start playing. It isn't that I'm especially dense, but the days when I could, say, spend several entire weekends in a row at a friend's house finding the easter egg in Adventure based on a vaguely-worded rumor are far, far behind me.

Mario has the accessibility advantage in that we've been playing "just keep running to the right and jumping over stuff" games since Pitfall.

Edited by raindog

(...)

Mario has the accessibility advantage in that we've been playing "just keep running to the right and jumping over stuff" games since Pitfall.

I find Pitfall one of the hardest games in history. Seriously, I very rarely use maps, magazines or any kind of walkthrough.

That's not for Pitfall!

Pitfall and Castlevania 2 must be played with internet help if you want to complete them!

Except for zelda 1 for nes, I played many other versions. Recently I tried for the first time zelda and, I don't know why, I left the game together with the almost finished games (last boss, dungeons, puzzles...).

Pitfall and Castlevania 2 must be played with internet help if you want to complete them!

I've never played a Castlevania game, but I did beat Pitfall numerous times before I even had a computer. And that was just at friends' and relatives' houses when I had the opportunity, since we were a Magnavox house.

Except for zelda 1 for nes, I played many other versions. Recently I tried for the first time zelda and, I don't know why, I left the game together with the almost finished games (last boss, dungeons, puzzles...).

Funny, that's where 3D Dot Game Heroes is for me right now. All I have is the final tower, which (like some Zelda games) retreads some earlier boss battles before a much harder final boss that my girl (who's generally better at combat than me) hasn't been able to beat yet.

It is a such a terrible game even a collector can not bare to own it...but would prob keep 14 copies of pacman and et....money? ? Nah??

Actually a guy in south dakota selling his at 45.00 on epay... Pretty good markup in one month time.. does not anyone have any values?? Look at the effort these guys put in and to rub their nose in it.. Very shamefull if you ask me!!

I would amost go as far as not have noney for food till I would stoop so LOW!! But I am thankfull to work everyday and make honest money..

Edited by Jinks

Yea, suddenly he found out that he is the only one interested in his family.

Actually yes, I did. I took it to their house as a sneak peek planning to pack it up for Xmas. Actually I took mine, but still. My brother had their Atari in a cabinet and when we played it all they could say was how better the Super Nintendo version is.

Actually if you dig through my old posts when I started here you'd see me talking about fixing up an Atari for them. Then again I could be a diabolical genius who somehow predicted that this game would come out and be valuable.

I expected it to go for 30, secretly hoped for 60.

As for possible greed, I listed my second copy now. I'm not sure if it's greed or if I just realized that other people want it more than I do.

edit, found a link to check out http://atariage.com/forums/topic/212194-lost-newbie-needs-wisdom/

Edited by mkiker2089