IGNORED

Need help from an AtariAger near Springfield OH....

I am attempting to source a Williams Firepower pinball machine, and have placed several ads on Craigslist. I got a response a couple days ago from a gentleman in Springfield, OH who is giving me a good deal on the machine plus shipping. However, the price almost seemed too good to be true, so I've done several "scam checks" such as asking for pics then Tineyeing them, asking if he'd be willing to give me more details, etc. and so far everything seems above the board and legitimate. He tells me his brother in law is driving from Ohio to Seattle (he moved there previously), and is willing to haul the machine in the back of his truck for a cheap fee.

Of course, the biggest fraud check was asking about a physical visit from a "friend". If he didn't okay it, I'd know it wasn't legit. But I got a response today saying he's more than happy to have someone come and give it a couple plays to make sure everything works okay and inspect it.

I don't really have anyone family or close friend wise in the area that would be willing to take a look (my closest friends are in Chicago, and that's a bit of a drive), so I was wondering if there were any AA members in the Ohio area that would be willing to pop in and take a look at this machine to check for legitimacy. I haven't gotten the guy's contact information yet (which I will be doing next) and I'd compensate any AA member willing to do this for both their gas and time. Please let me know pretty soon if you'd be willing to do this for me, as I have a limited timeframe on my end for procuring it. Thanks!

The pinball machine is theoretically going to be purchased by my uncle, so I'm trying to get with him to make sure he's ready to buy. So there's still some hurdles to get through, but I'm thinking that even if he doesn't buy it it's a good deal on a machine (fair price @ $900) plus basically free delivery because of the situation the seller is in. Honestly I might just snap it up myself if he chooses not to buy, but I'm not going to buy a pinball machine sight unseen over the internet from a private party. Anyway, let me know if you can help out!

Now, I know it's CL, and there's always the risk of murder/rape/rape-murder-suicide, so I will obviously be getting as many details from this guy as possible beforehand (such as phone numbers and I'll call him a few times, etc.) to ensure no gimp suits or ball gags are involved in the slightest. Usually with pinball/arcade folk there's not too much of a risk of that anyway, and he's willing to let someone in his home to look at the machine so there's always that. Anyway, if at any point the AAer feels uncomfortable I understand.

Ignore! Got additional information from the seller and it turns out that there are quite a few allegations on a couple forums about scams. He's quite a savvy scammer but apparently fails to realize that I'm not easily duped. Thanks for the interest guys!

• Like 2