IGNORED

Atari 800 Mario Brothers - Unreleased?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2013 at 4:31 PM, Tempest said:

There's a prototype version of Mario Bros. for the 8-bit floating around. I did a review on it: http://www.atariprot...s/mariobros.htm

A pre-production box exists as well (a large silver one), you can see if in the background of one of the CES pictures.

Also, I think the Apple II version was complete (although not released). I played the hell out of that one back in the day and never found any bugs or missing features.

Hi,i tried to open the link but it leads to a dead end,is there another link wich leads me to the demo version of mariobros for the atari 400???

am eager to get that version,also am curious about those reproduction cartrides of it including a silver box cover art of it,

thanks alot

Edited by johannesmutlu

1 hour ago, johannesmutlu said:

Hi,i tried to open the link but it leads to a dead end,is there another link wich leads me to the demo version of mariobros for the atari 400???

am eager to get that version,also am curious about those reproduction cartrides of it including a silver box cover art of it,

thanks alot

Yeah I took it down because I wasn't sure of the providence of the rom.  It might have been the Glenn hack.

3 hours ago, Tempest said:

Yeah I took it down because I wasn't sure of the providence of the rom.  It might have been the Glenn hack.

Thanks for mentioning this,Well i hope it’s not the glenn hack version because that wouldn’t work on my stock atari 400,i suppose the demo version should work on a stock atari 400,

am mean if the near arcade perfect donkeykong already works on a stock atati 400,then that demo version of mariobros should work on it either too,i suppose,

now i do wonder,where ever that mariobros demo rom is,just imagine maybe it’s somewhere put on a aging diskette or floppy disk laying around somewhere in a attic or basement,maybe it’s somewhere on a broken harddisk drive, begging to be recovered trough data recovery and then getting extracted for uploading,maybe the cartride demo of that game is somewhere inside a musuem or it might be owned by a private owner,yeah i like to specilate about it all day out of curiousity and fun.,

but i hope somebody will upload the rom and/or make repro carts of it,would be great😁

Edited by johannesmutlu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tempest said:

I'll be honest, I don't think an authentic proto of Mario Bros for the 400/800 has been found.  Does it exist though?  Most likely yes.  It took 40 years for an authentic 400/800 Berzerk proto to surface so it might be a bit.

I hope so that it still does exist,and then hope that it will be dumped online.

• Like 1