IGNORED

Intv2 to SMS adapter build

For the 3 button one I made I did not put in case. Since the attached controller would be wired for common ground (Atari, SMS, NeoGeo, jamma arcade cabinets, etc). the 3rd button could go on any open pin you chose.

For directions use the Deathskull Labs link. SN7400 (quad nand)

For s1,s2,s3 use below.

https://www.flickr.c...N08/8932032515/

It uses SN7404 (6 not gates) and SN7402N (quad NOR), three 4.7k pull up resistors, and three 1N4148 diodes.

Sorry for the bad NOR symbols I didn't know I would be sharing the home made drawings.

Edited by grips03

shipping in 2-3 months

I'll order the first run PCBs later today and start testing in 3 weeks

I'll most likely make 8 controllers for sale and keep 9-10 for personal use. One with 4-way gate and one with 8-way gate.

Not sure on number of NeoGeo to Intv2 adapters as it depends if I can sell 8 controllers and demand (if any)

Should I start a new thread for pre-order list?

how much will these 3 button sms adapters be? without controllers

For the SMS adapter its one and done. I posted the info so others could built it without researching the parts needed to build.

I will be making NeoGeo to Intv2 adapters using the same exact case, but it would have a built in keypad on the top, and have native 3 button support.

Button D also maps to button S1, same as button A

Start = Keypad Enter

Select = keypad 1

Not sure on price, and I won't hold anyone to buy if they pre-order, just trying to see what interest is. All I can say is price will be pretty much costs + shipping.

For the SMS adapter its one and done. I posted the info so others could built it without researching the parts needed to build.

I will be making NeoGeo to Intv2 adapters using the same exact case, but it would have a built in keypad on the top, and have native 3 button support.

Button D also maps to button S1, same as button A

Start = Keypad Enter

Select = keypad 1

Not sure on price, and I won't hold anyone to buy if they pre-order, just trying to see what interest is. All I can say is price will be pretty much costs + shipping.

personally i would have them with the 9 pin d-sub like the sms adapter. then use it with a genesis extension cable and doing this to the controllers. http://ultimate.arca...nge.fr/news.htm of course it is your project so i dont mean to try to tell u how to do it. so my apologies if i come off that way. just trying to give you other possibilities and ideas that you may or may not want to use. Edited by pimpmaul69

• 2 weeks later...

I would be interested in the SMS INTV adapter. Please keep us posted. Thanks and cheers!

I won't be making these. I only made the one. I posted instructions so others could build. I am having a minor graphics issue that I'm trying to clear up, so you might want to hold off building one until I can figure out root cause.

I won't be making these. I only made the one. I posted instructions so others could build. I am having a minor graphics issue that I'm trying to clear up, so you might want to hold off building one until I can figure out root cause.

Do you have a full schematic of what is on the perf/vero board?

Thanks GB

It looks like this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060317145051/http://users.erols.com/tiltonj/games/tech/intvsticky.html

I changed power source to 5v power adapter, with .1uf and .01uf decoupling caps.

I added 1N4148 diode to pin 9 (wired like diodes 6,7,8). This helps reduce the graphic glitches.

I also tried 5v battery and get similar results. I have a great 6MB video if you want to see the issue. Want me to email to you?

if a circuit was built to use an analog stick instead of a d-pad then you would get 16 directions that way. i love playing inty on my wii with an analog stick. i also think if someone made a device the had the 3 side buttons on it and it attached to the controller on the right side of the disc and had an adapter cable that you plugged into the system and the controller plugged into the adapter it would work while keeping the disc. i personally usually dont play anything that uses 16 directions so i think his adapter is a great idea. also if you modified an "arcade stick controller" to work on this you could install a 4/8 way switchable arcade stick in it and whoop some ass in games like d2k.

Inty. wii. How?

For Sears folks, Serpac also have almond color to match Sears case better. Not sure if I mentioned this before but I tested with Sears and Intv2 and it works fine on both. The Sears is more forgiving due to having ferrite bead inductor on the controller ports. Also for Sears use straight cord and make about 15 inches long.

• Like 1

Great thread here . . . gets me thinking

wandering outside the 2600 territory?? :) you better be careful. here in the intv forums we will suck you in and you will find you can never leave. :D so what idea do you have? :ponder: unfortunately we aint got no intellivision flasbacks to mod. :mad: Edited by pimpmaul69

I'm thinking that there are a lot of those plug n play joysticks with 3 buttons on them and battery compartments built right on board. Seems like a perfect INTV hack waiting to happen, but I've got to think it through a bit more. Anyone want to send/sell me a SN7400N - quad nand & a SN74LS266N - quard xnor. Although, I might not need the xnor with 3 actual buttons. . .

• 5 months later...