IGNORED

Collector or Hoarder?

Rev

Well ... I don't think that I've encountered hoarder status by any stretch although my wife may disagree. If I were to count Intellivision systems in my house, I'm certain that it's double digits (maybe around 15) and I'm sure that I have over 300 games. Like others here, keep meaning to unload some of this on the unsuspecting eBay or Atari-Age public, but time is hard to come by.

And while my Intellivision collection is fairly large, my collection for other systems is pretty minimal (other than a Vectrex and some NES games) so my marriage is safe for the moment :-D.

Hi, Charles. My name is Morgan and I want to help you. Just tell me where to back my truck up to and we can start the purge. We will get you through this.

I believe that you may have relieved me of some of my many items the last two years at PRGE

I'm sure my wife would categorize me as ... mentally unwell. My problem is that I got hooked on the most miniscule variations and in the pursuit of them, got piles of dupes. Which of course are just getting older and more buried. The intent to divest is there but not the will. Bet there's lots of that here.

It becomes hoarding when your everyday living space is compromised in some way by 'collectibles'. For example, if you have Inty carts where your clothes should be, or have boxes on the floor because there's no cupboard/shelf space, you have a problem. :-D

- J

See no problem, we just bought a bigger house.

I think it's the point where you know you need to get rid of a bunch of shit, but you make up reasons not to.

I am at that point. I really do have more stuff than I have room for. I guess I could put up more shelves, that would take care of a lot of it...

Edited by BassGuitari

We just moved to a new house, so I'm trying to get things organized. I also need to install a wall, currently this room only has three walls I need a forth. Also having a 10x12 shed installed in the side yard later this week for my VG stuff that's currently take up a bay in the garage.

pics, enjoy:

vg2.jpg

Do you ever get bored and play "Boxed Console Jenga" with your wife? :D