IGNORED

Two free games per month with XBLA

Master Phruby

Defense Grid... I can't meh enough. Tower defense is the most overrated genre there is. There are a billion of them and they pretty much all suck. When I try to play one I get bored to tears. I was looking forward to Assassin's Creed.

EDIT: I do own Defense Grid on Steam so I have played this specific game and I include it in my assessment of suck.

Edited by Hyper_Eye

I loved the game and couldn't recommend it enough, until the "You Monster" DLC. At that point the game broke. it locks up all the time, usually at the end of a round. If you go to Defense Grids site forum there are people bitching about it but supposedly there is nothing that can be done because it's a Live issue. They give Live members free codes to get the Steam version. My advice to anyone that gets the game on Xbox, is to NOT download the You Monster DLC. It honestly wasnt very good anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone getting Assassins Creed II? Its the best game in my opinion (before I got sick of Assassins Creed in general). I would highly recommend it though since it's free.

I played halfway of the first one but got tired of it. Loved the second and only heard that the third was buggy and not really all that great so I've never gone back to this series.

Anyone getting Assassins Creed II? Its the best game in my opinion (before I got sick of Assassins Creed in general). I would highly recommend it though since it's free.

I played halfway of the first one but got tired of it. Loved the second and only heard that the third was buggy and not really all that great so I've never gone back to this series.

Is it up now? You know, I've never played any of the Assassins Creed games!

Yeah, I got bored with Assassin's Creed about half way through. The story was good, the graphics were just amazing, and game controls were pretty easy to pick up and play. But the missions got borring, not enough variety or spice into it. That turned me off from trying any other games. I'll have to check this one out.

Assassin's Creed II is a very good game, although I could never get used to the convoluted control scheme. I think you've got to hold down two buttons just to run, which is annoying and seemingly pointless in this age of analog controllers. Still, there's tons of fun to be had, and the storyline is clever, weaving historical facts into its conspiracy-heavy plot. Be sure to get the Battle of Forli downloadable content... there's a priceless moment that's well worth the cost of admission.

Yes, I've heard similar complaints from other gamers. Apparently sales tax is mandatory in California even on free games. How this makes sense I'll never know, but it is California...

They didn't do with this with Fable III and Defense Grid though. What kind of tax can you charge for $0.00? Perhaps this is a place holder for when the game is usually on sale?

I did some checking into it, and it seems you can still get it free.

I just don't understand why it's been changed from the previous games.

Anyway when you get to that point where it tells you to change your payment options, hit the X button as it indicates down below to "buy with microsoft points". The download link appears and it seems to charge 0 points. (This may differ with other states/provinces/countries/etc that try to charge for freebies - like apparently california.)

It's downloading for me now, and I had my points from my point cards zeroed beforehand. And there's no paypal or credit card associated with the account. So it definitely didn't seem to charge me anything - and if microsoft comes to me later to try to charge me something their customer service will have a a collective massive headache before I'm through with them. :P

Tax on zero dollars is zero, no matter how high the tax rate is. They probably put the tax "disclaimer" there for when the game does cost money. It is weird that the game has acash price though (19.99) instead of a point price(1600) what's the deal with that?

Crackdown is an awesome game. I'll have to set my xbox to download it.

Tax on zero dollars is zero, no matter how high the tax rate is. They probably put the tax "disclaimer" there for when the game does cost money. It is weird that the game has acash price though (19.99) instead of a point price(1600) what's the deal with that?

MS did away with points a few weeks ago.

Assassin's Creed II did the tax thing for me. I simply proceeded to checkout where it was free. So they're not charging tax on a freebie at least in New York State.

I wonder if Crackdown is free yet. Wasn't last night but it was only August 1st for half the country when I checked after using the YouTube app for a while.

Crackdown is an awesome game IMO. I still break it out and play with people every now and again. Co-op campaigning at it's finest! That said, I already have it downloaded to my HDD. Also have Dead Rising 2 and Case Zero. Ahhhh Well.

• 3 weeks later...