IGNORED

Looks like the WiiU/PS4 combo for me this Gen.

Rev

I already have the WiiU, and it is looking like ps4 will be the other console I get this gen, i get nintendo consoles for the Nintendo games and another console for stuff not on the Nintendo console.

Do drm is looking good on the ps4. Im looking forward to e3 where we see even more info.

Any else going with the wiiu/ps4 this gen?

• Like 1

I'm hoping the PS4 and all the backlash forces Microsoft to make a retreat, but I also see these two being my primary next generation gaming consoles.

Even if Microsoft makes an about face before launch, I'm rather get a PS4 first and concentrate on it and just get a Xbox One later on for exclusives. I think Sony's decision should be rewarded even if Microsoft retreats on their DRM stance.

• Like 3

I really, really want to try the Killer Instinct reboot, but that alone isn't enough for me to buy into Microsoft's BS. Unless they change their policies, they won't be having my money. Sony on the other hand, they've got their minds in the right place. I may even pick up a PS4 on day one, and set it next to my Wii U.

Not me. Personally, I'm planning on diverting my 'modern gaming bucks' into a real contender. SNK's forever-snazzy Neo Geo.

That's right, no more of that crappy, kmart-grade hardware for this cowboy. Those new wannabes are all kids stuff compared to neo-freaking-geo. There's no need for me to wait either, because the future is clearly now. Real arcade action, right in my freaking house--who could ever get sick of that?

Games won't drop in value, can be sold/traded/loaned at any time and drm will never be an issue. With few moving parts, odds are good that in 25 years, functioning neo geos will outnumber functioning wii-u's, ps4's and xbones combined.

I may even consider buying some of those pricey new homebrew games for it.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

I'm very happy with my Wii U as it has games I like to play and features I like to use. Its the only console of the three that has BC. Its the only console of the three that has free online multiplayer. And its the only console of the three that has Nintendo titles.

But I also want a 2nd system for those multi-platform games that won't appear on the Wii U... Borderlands, BioShock, Destiny, etc. So that means choosing between MS and Sony and so far Sony's console is much more customer friendly in that I can swap games with my son's and don't have to be tied to the internet. Plus, there are more Sony exclusives I want to play, such as Last of Us, Beyond, Abe's Odyssey, Oddworld New & Tasty, The Order, and a few others.

So unless something changes dramatically, I'll be a Wii U - PS4 owner.

• Like 1

Both are overpriced. I'll wait a few years. Maybe find myself a Neo Geo and settle down.

It's clearly the way to go. Let's have a closer look:

The Neo Geo features:

• 4 bright buttons/2 joysticks
  • Giga Power and/or 100 Mega Shock
  • Advanced anti-loading-screen technology (omitted from NGCD units because it conflicted with monkey-juggling technology)
  • No forced patching or firmware updates
  • Sports games people actually want to play
  • Advanced "local multi-player" technology featured in almost every game
  • Hyper-advanced 'jiggle physics,' lightyears beyond the crappy ragdolling provided PhysX accelerators
  • All games 100% DRM and region lockout free
  • No internet connection required
  • 'Micro-rental' transaction system makes neo geo available to all income levels starting at just $0.25
  • Holds resale value

Do any of the new systems promise any of that? No. They are clearly inferior.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

It's clearly the way to go. Let's have a closer look:

The Neo Geo features:

4 bright buttons/2 joysticks

Giga Power and/or 100 Mega Shock

Advanced anti-loading-screen technology (omitted from NGCD units)

No forced patching or firmware updates

Sports games people actually want to play

Advanced "local multi-player" technology featured in almost every game

Hyper-advanced 'jiggle physics,' lightyears beyond the crappy ragdolling provided PhysX accelerators

All games 100% DRM and region lockout free

Holds resale value

Do any of the new systems promise any of that? No. They are clearly inferior.

No blast processing. What a ripoff.

• Like 1

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too (if I can talk my wife into it). However I'm going to wait until some more games come out and maybe a hardware revision or two before I pull the trigger. I only bought the early PS3 for the backwards compatibility, but I waited on the 360 and I'm glad I did (no overheating issues).

I'll go Day One PS4 if I have the scratch, and I already have a Wii U, though I am not doing much with it. Though Sony gets a lot of shit for their anti-consumer practices, they sure stuck it to Microsoft at E3. The turning point in my switch towards Sony was the Vita. I have never been so impressed by new tech. That machine amazes me. I'll need to find a controller solution that works for me with the Wii U; I don't always want to play on the Gamepad. My roommate does have a Pro controller, and we've got plenty of Wiimotes.

But truthfully, I think it will be more of an old Wii/PS4 combo for me. I am going to try the homebrew channel, and depending on how well the emulators run, I'll be putting some of my old stock on the AA marketplace.

I'm very happy with my Wii U as it has games I like to play and features I like to use. Its the only console of the three that has BC. Its the only console of the three that has free online multiplayer. And its the only console of the three that has Nintendo titles.

But I also want a 2nd system for those multi-platform games that won't appear on the Wii U... Borderlands, BioShock, Destiny, etc. So that means choosing between MS and Sony and so far Sony's console is much more customer friendly in that I can swap games with my son's and don't have to be tied to the internet. Plus, there are more Sony exclusives I want to play, such as Last of Us, Beyond, Abe's Odyssey, Oddworld New & Tasty, The Order, and a few others.

So unless something changes dramatically, I'll be a Wii U - PS4 owner.

Odd world new and tasty is coming to the wii u as well!