IGNORED

Wanted: Dead 7800 PSU

CoLethalVision

Hi all,

I'm looking for a donor 7800 power supply for the unit I picked up that doesn't have one. I would prefer a deceased one as long as the plug that goes into the console is in usable condition. From there I will be cutting that off and grafting to a Sega Master System II power supply, hence why I don't want to trash a good one.

Also would like this to be as cheap as possible cause I'm going to need shipping to Australia.

PM if you can help.

Thanks.

I don't have any dead 7800 power supplies to offer, but in case you're interested in an alternative, Best Electronics sells an adapter cable which allows you to use a 9VDC power supply with a standard barrel connector with a 7800. It's part number CB102080, and they offer it for $6.95 USD. It's a high-quality molded cable assembly (I just received one myself with a recent order), and the postage will almost certainly be cheaper to Australia than a complete power supply would be.

I may have one for you. I acquired a 7800 w/PSU in a lot a few months ago that doesn't work. I don't have a way to tell, yet, if it is the PSU or the console that is dead. I will have a good PSU to test it with in the next few days.

If it is indeed the PSU that is dead, I will give it to you free if you will pay the shipping.

I have a dead one, how much usable wire do you need from the end that plugs into the 7800? (This one has some cuts in the wire; I suspect that may be the issue.)

As long as there is enough undamaged cord from the plug for me to strip the plastic back, solder and then heat shrink it should be ok. At least 3 inches should be plenty.

I don't have any dead 7800 power supplies to offer, but in case you're interested in an alternative, Best Electronics sells an adapter cable which allows you to use a 9VDC power supply with a standard barrel connector with a 7800. It's part number CB102080, and they offer it for $6.95 USD. It's a high-quality molded cable assembly (I just received one myself with a recent order), and the postage will almost certainly be cheaper to Australia than a complete power supply would be.

Thanks for the info.

Whilst it sounds great, I emailed them and they will only do $20 minimum order (which would mean I'd need to buy 4) plus postage to me makes it over $50. Unfortunately not really a viable option.

Serious and captmorgandrinker I'd be very interested in buying both of yours. PM me if you are willing.