IGNORED

The Story Behind It Is ...

Fushek

Wow, cool topic!

Some interesting stories.

When I started off my Handle was INTVFAN Intellivision Fan of course.

But then everyone started requiring alphanumeric's so I had to come up with something new.

I started playing Intellivision way back in 1980, At the time I changed my handle, the term Gamer was big.... Thus 1980gamer or 1980Gamer for those requiring an Upper case char.

So 35 years of Intellivision playing and I still stink at most games! NFL, MLB and Auto Racing, I think I have a little bit of a grasp on.

I once fancied my self a pretty good Carol VS. player. But alas, the reflexes are not what they used to be. ( really I think I just can't remember the patterns I used. )

!980G@mer Future handle when special chars are required.... LOL

• Like 1

Brand new here, and HI! BGH is just short for BlueGunstarHero which is my username on another forum. At the time I created that account I chose the name since GunstarHero was taken, and of the two Gunstar brothers I preferred Blue to Red both in character design and in my preference of fixed shot over free shot.

Don't get me wrong, my earliest gaming memories are Intellivision and some edutainment DOS releases like Astro Grover and Treasure Mountain (I assume at 31 I'm relatively a baby here) but Gunstar Heroes was the one where my interest in video games really solidified.

• Like 2

I posted about my handle in a similar thread but I'll chime in here anyways. :)

I've had the nic name "Toad" since grade school.. a play off my first name, Todd and also Super Mario Brothers was popular at the time.

As a youngster, I was always interested in how everything 'ticks', always tearing stuff apart to see how it works. I was especially interested in electronics and adopted the "Silicone" part once I got my first computer and Internet access in the late 90s.. a love of technology. The lower/upper case with numbers is because my buddys and I thought the whole "haxor lingo" was cool back then but I've been writing it that was all these years, no use changing it now (and no, I am not the 'hacker' Silicone Toad, that's a different guy). Finally, 85.. I don't know why I added that here, but it's stuck until I subscribe and change it. That pretty much sums it up.

I actually joined AA back in 2001 under the handle "retroravegames" around when I was first getting into collecting classic systems, although I hung out over at the Digital Press forums in those days. ;)

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, my earliest gaming memories are Intellivision and some edutainment DOS releases like Astro Grover and Treasure Mountain (I assume at 31 I'm relatively a baby here) but Gunstar Heroes was the one where my interest in video games really solidified.

You were born after "The Crash." I was in 3rd grade during The Crash...

You're older than my sister, at least... but she's 10 years younger than me. :-P

I'm feelin' old... (though there are plenty here who are older)

Edited by intvnut

You were born after "The Crash." I was in 3rd grade during The Crash...

You're older than my sister, at least... but she's 10 years younger than me. :-P

I'm feelin' old... (though there are plenty here who are older)

im 39 and i always thought i was a "baby" in the inty forum. Maybe i am an old guy here...
  • Like 1

im 39 and i always thought i was a "baby" in the inty forum. Maybe i am an old guy here...

I turned 39.1 just over a week ago... (Making a nod to Jack Benny here... I turned 39.0 in 2014. EDIT: If you don't want to listen to the whole episode, listen for about 35-40 seconds starting here...)

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 1

Just a silly spelling of killjoy. I am not a killjoy but I do find joy in killing... zombies! Which are actually already dead! So, I guess it is not technically killing. So, I guess my name should really be not-actually-zombie-killing-since they are already dead-joy. Hmmm... No sir. Don't like it.

• Like 1

Wow, you guys are old! I won't be 39 for like months ;-)

I've been saying I'm 43 years-old for a while... until a colleague asked just last week, "so you were born in 1972?" I replied, "er... no, 1970! ... oh wait!" It turns out I hadn't recalculated my age to answer that question in about two years! :lol:

How time flies. When I was younger, knowing my age was like a reflex. Now, I have to do math in my head to get the right answer. I guess being born on a year divisible by 10 makes it easier -- at least for another 10 or 15 more years, before I forget how to add and remove zeros too!

Oh well, I guess I can be 45 for the next few years, until someone else demands a recalculation again! :lol:

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Just a silly spelling of killjoy. I am not a killjoy but I do find joy in killing... zombies! Which are actually already dead! So, I guess it is not technically killing. So, I guess my name should really be not-actually-zombie-killing-since they are already dead-joy. Hmmm... No sir. Don't like it.

How about Re-Kill-Joy?

I celebrated the 6th anniversary of my 39th birthday this year. (Gotta love Jack Benny.) My sister and best friend are also now holding fast at 39.

As for my nick name, it's attached to all manner of things online. It's the name of a cartoon character I created in high school. At the time it just popped into my head.

• Like 1

How time flies. When I was younger, knowing my age was like a reflex. Now, I have to do math in my head to get the right answer.

haha I hear that! I have to do that with everybody's age now!

I was just old enough to enjoy inty in its prime! :) One of the many things I love from the 80's.

Edited by tacrec

well-I don't think mine was hard to guess(one of my favorite bands from the 80s who are still kicking ass-but on there last tour :( ) --- years ago when joining my first internet forum.. after a few drinks and dragon(smoke) I went to enter my forum name, it was hard to focus I typed m-crew instead of m-crue... I didn't notice until after I registered and sobered up bit..lol So it was written and stuck to this day..

lol

This forum is weird. In most places online (especially these days), I'm definitely one of the older crowd. Here I kinda assume I'm young-ish cuz I know we got a sizeable contingent of greyhairs - but then you whipper snappers come along and make me feel terrible all over again.

I'm actually surprised who I'm (slightly) older than. Of course much like DZs "I'm now old enough that I have to do the math", I find that relative age matters almost zero these days. If it's within a decade or so, I don't even notice - until we start talking about which Saturday Morning Cartoons we watched.

(As the younger crowd asks what a SMC is)

.. after a few drinks and dragon(smoke) I went to enter my forum name, it was hard to focus I typed m-crew instead of m-crue... I didn't notice until after I registered and sobered up bit..lol So it was written and stuck to this day..

lol

Nikki Sixx' style, no doubt ;-)

• Like 1