IGNORED

Your unique Atari Pride and Joy - what do you treasure the most?

Ok bit of fun here>...

I was I was thinking about what the most unique and exclusive part of my Atari collection i treasure the most!

Amongst having my 800 with an incognito and some nice bits of Software, my most coveted piece of my collection was my Word processor package. This which i spent around 6 months combing and monitoring Ebay for!

post-34640-0-10321400-1372248841_thumb.jpgpost-34640-0-33038000-1372248842_thumb.jpgpost-34640-0-63029300-1372248843_thumb.jpg

For fun - whats your most teasured part of your collection and why?

Edited by Magic Knight
  • Like 1

Probably by mint boxed Atari Video Music. It took me the most time to find (and afford) one, and it's almost as old as I am. It is also a product of the "real" Atari, when the company was still innovative and creating new things.

I had a 1200xl that I sold to rdea6 here... I now have a rebuilt Indus Gt, Percom At88spd single/double ( rebuilt, for sale ), and a growing collection of in the box XE series games. I love my 130xe and soon will have all 3 parts to build a new one ( mainboard, new case, new keyboard ). I love spartados 3.3c on cart from Lance at video 61. I dont like my 800 right now as it is giving me fits...plays games on cart and disk but has garbled menu/basic screen.

Mine would be one of three items.

1. Mogul Maniac in a Romox reprogrammable cartridge

2. Atari 1200XL system.

3. My two Atari Demo Cartridges. ( CXL4019 400/800 in store demo, RX8105 XE Demo Cart)

What I wish I had would be a legit prototype or 2.

It's actually that Pong console in that image to the left. It's not all that rare or interesting but that IS the first game system my family owned. My dad gave it to me several years back when he came across it in storage.

I don't make a point to collect but if I can get my hands on "classic" stuff like this, I keep it safe. I just wish I never sold my ol' 130xe. I could say the same about my 800 but as soon as I sold that to a guy, it broke.

My original PAL 800/810 combo from 1982 (returned to me after a stint with my nephews) + large box Star Raiders, closely followed by an Indus GT. (I "measured" this by thinking about which items I would most loathe to sell if I needed money). I don't really have anything really rare.

I have to agree with idavis and slx, my most prized Atari items are my unaldulterated 800/810 combo! Although the Incognito board beckons me to change that :)

Good thing I've installed an Ultimate 1MB in my 130XE first though as this has staved off my temptation to mess with the 800 for now.

Well for me my pride and joy are mostly my icd products, namely:

Multi I/O

SpartaDOS X

RTime8

I have some other rarer items, but these ones for me turned my Ataris into a really cool personal computer.

I have many OSS carts and disk programs, but I doubt they are Ultra-Rare. Diamond GOS cartridge (probably semi-rare but it was a disappointment for me).

I'll have to say my 1200XL. A very close second would be a stock 800. I too shunned the 1200XL in 1983/4, but I've since seen the light. The incompatibility with many then B-ROM only games doomed its success. Now, it's the last piece of Atari hardware I'd part with. An honorable mention would be my SDRIVE NUXX.

Subject doesn't exactly say, but it is in the 8bit forums so as far as the 8bits

go, it would be my modded 800XL.

Otherwise, my Falcon 060 and PAK 68/3 equipped, super STacy!

I love all 3 - probably spent more time with them than is healthy. :)

Unique pride and joy would have to be my OSS Action! cartridge but I have a love/hate relationship with the manual.

What I treasure the most is something different. I have to say it's the whole Atari community. People are always willing to help. Continual new developments (especially since 2005 or thereabouts) in software and hardware keeps this hobby interesting.