IGNORED

Atari 5200 on Married With Children

frankodragon

Judging by the lack of money they always had, that's probably how far behind the time they were. Only had beta. Had to go next door for vhs and couldn't afford an NES

By the time this episode aired, the 16-bit systems had been firmly established. Which even further illustrates your point. :-D

• Like 1

Maybe the producers were Atari fans...

I think Atari Corp. did pay promotional fees to the show because Buck also had an XE Game System. I believe he got it for Christmas one season.

If I recall correctly, on the short lived CBS series The Flash, they used Atari STs in Barry Allen's lab.

I think Atari Corp. did pay promotional fees to the show because Buck also had an XE Game System. I believe he got it for Christmas one season.

If I recall correctly, on the short lived CBS series The Flash, they used Atari STs in Barry Allen's lab.

How the hell did the dog get something like that? And with what money? They never got anything worth mentioning. I have the complete series on dvds and the 5200 appears again in the first episode of season 7 called "Magnificent Seven". Personally, I don't see what's so Magnificent. :lol:

Do you know which episode? I don't recall Bud (whom I assume you mean) ever actually getting anything for Christmas, and I'm pretty sure I've never seen an XEGS on the show (I have all 11 seasons on DVD), unless it was sneaking around in the background somewhere.

In one of the early seasons, Bud got a new Intellivision game, though.

Do you know which episode? I don't recall Bud (whom I assume you mean) ever actually getting anything for Christmas, and I'm pretty sure I've never seen an XEGS on the show (I have all 11 seasons on DVD), unless it was sneaking around in the background somewhere.

In one of the early seasons, Bud got a new Intellivision game, though.

Can you find out which one? Never noticed that. I have all eleven as well so if you can remember which one, i'll go back and check it. I've been watching mine the last couple weeks and I'm on season 7 right now.

Those scenes are pure fiction! I don't think in the history of mankind that anyone has ever had sex with someone else in a room that had a Atari 5200 in it.

Speak for yourself. The ultimate is to have any Atari product on prominent display in one's room *and* have Duran Duran's "Save a Prayer" playing in the background. :)

And Buck could've purchased the XE Game System for Bud considering he had a credit card.

Edited by Lynxpro

Can you find out which one? Never noticed that. I have all eleven as well so if you can remember which one, i'll go back and check it. I've been watching mine the last couple weeks and I'm on season 7 right now.

After a little digging, the episode is "Master The Possibilities" from Season 2.

Intellivision game appearance @ 4:00...(excuse the Polish[?] translating/narrating)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDwvGsivZuM

Pretty sure it's Space Armada.

Edited by BassGuitari

Yes this looks like the back of box the in that clip.

http://www.google.co...Q9QEwAg&dur=386

But theirs is black and not blue.

It looks like the regular dark blue to me. The set lighting and the camera filters could make it look a little darker. My Space Armada box is a little darker than the one you linked, as well.

Besides, Space Armada never came in a black box (nor did any Intellivision title, except maybe a 3rd-party release or two). And there's no reason the producers would have needed to unwrap it, color it black, and rewrap it.

Besides, Space Armada never came in a black box (nor did any Intellivision title, except maybe a 3rd-party release or two).

The ECS titles came in black boxes. I agree with you 100% that this is just Space Armada, but I just wanted to point out that there were black Intellivision boxes.

• 2 weeks later...

Another vintage video game sighting on Married With Children:

In the Season 9 episode where the Al's car gets lost in the car wash, in the scene where Marcy and Steve bump into each other, there is an Intellivision II box in the background at the right side of the screen. It can also be seen more clearly along the window inside the shop when Al starts to walk through the car wash to look for his car. :rolling:

The episode is called "Get The Hell Out Of Dodge."

Another vintage video game sighting on Married With Children:

In the Season 9 episode where the Al's car gets lost in the car wash, in the scene where Marcy and Steve bump into each other, there is an Intellivision II box in the background at the right side of the screen. It can also be seen more clearly along the window inside the shop when Al starts to walk through the car wash to look for his car. :rolling:

The episode is called "Get The Hell Out Of Dodge."

Ah man, now i'm gonna have to go back to that one again. I didn't see the box. That's the episode where he found out that the reason they couldn't find the car was because it was really red. Old color had washed off. I'm on season 10 right now. In one of the episodes where Bud's frat brothers were there, one of them was playing a Game Boy. I think they were heading to Fort Lauderdale for spring break.

• Like 1

The Intellivision II is easy to miss. I've seen the episode few times and never noticed it until last night. It's hidden in the background pretty well. I wouldn't have even thought to look for something like that, because why would there be a game system for sale (especially one that by this time was over 10 years old) at a car wash?

I'll try to find a still from the episode that has it.

The Intellivision II is easy to miss. I've seen the episode few times and never noticed it until last night. It's hidden in the background pretty well. I wouldn't have even thought to look for something like that, because why would there be a game system for sale (especially one that by this time was over 10 years old) at a car wash?

I'll try to find a still from the episode that has it.

post-3441-0-27793600-1374590171_thumb.png

post-3441-0-33762000-1374590182_thumb.png

post-3441-0-05478500-1374590194_thumb.png

• Like 1