IGNORED

Atari 5200 on Married With Children

frankodragon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
On 6/28/2013 at 8:56 AM, BadHornet said:

Its not a 7800.......looks to small. The 5200 has its own zip code

Going to second that. Most nightstands like that one are industry standard 16" across or so.  The 7800 is nowhere near that, it's about 12" wide. The 5200 would fit all the way across. One could also extrapolate via scale the headphones' width (they appear to be 4") , multiply accordingly to match the width of the stand and voila.

Found online, a comparison photo:

BeiyY1LP5mfa8j6xH1Bs94yIEqwIRgwMCcp-P4Z3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2013 at 9:26 AM, 0078265317 said:

I think he meant bud.

Yeah, I meant Bud. But then again, there was that episode where they took out credit cards in Buck's name.

But as for Bud, he had a 5200, an XE Game System, and a Mega STe later on in the show...

On 5/14/2020 at 11:29 AM, Lynxpro said:

Yeah, I meant Bud. But then again, there was that episode where they took out credit cards in Buck's name.

But as for Bud, he had a 5200, an XE Game System, and a Mega STe later on in the show...

Not that I needed an excuse to watch the whole series again, but damnit now I'm going to have to keep an eye out for these...

Also of note, my family growing up had the exact same Dining table and chairs that they had!  We also had an ugly couch, but it wasn't the same as their ugly couch!

Now that I think of it, my computer progression was pretty similar to Bud's.

Also, with Buck getting a credit card in his name... who did it first, Married with Children, or Simpson's?  I definitely remember both!

MwC did it first.. but about 9 years! 

Edited by leech

On 5/17/2020 at 12:40 PM, leech said:

Not that I needed an excuse to watch the whole series again, but damnit now I'm going to have to keep an eye out for these...

Also of note, my family growing up had the exact same Dining table and chairs that they had!  We also had an ugly couch, but it wasn't the same as their ugly couch!

Now that I think of it, my computer progression was pretty similar to Bud's.

Also, with Buck getting a credit card in his name... who did it first, Married with Children, or Simpson's?  I definitely remember both!

MwC did it first.. but about 9 years! 

There's been pics posted over on Facebook in some of the Atari Forums of Bud having a 1040STe in his dorm room. It was from Season 7. I do distinctly remember him having a Mega STe after that. And the XE Game System was in its box in a Christmas themed episode from one of the earlier seasons...

On 5/19/2020 at 5:25 PM, Lynxpro said:

There's been pics posted over on Facebook in some of the Atari Forums of Bud having a 1040STe in his dorm room. It was from Season 7. I do distinctly remember him having a Mega STe after that. And the XE Game System was in its box in a Christmas themed episode from one of the earlier seasons...

http://www.starringthecomputer.com/appearance.html?f=181&c=86

1 hour ago, Lynxpro said:

The XE Game System box was shown. The Mega STe was in his dorm like the picture above with the 1040STe...

Grand Master B is one of us...

Grandmother B!  Now I have to wonder if those were David Faustino's and he floats around these forums....

49 minutes ago, 0078265317 said:

Or we can just watch it again and see keep an eye out.

https://www.amazon.com/Married-Children-Complete-Ed-ONeill/dp/B00WV7TQDW

25 is a good price for all episodes.  

Ha, a friend of mine asked if Disney+ was foing to add them since they own Fox now....

But for sure I already have them from before you could just buy the whole set.  Huge fan.

3 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

Hulu has all the episodes too looks like.  But at 6 dollars a month not worth it.  The dvds are cheaper.

Figured anything that wouldn't be 'Disney friendly' would be on Hulu.  Granted, I can think of at least two movies that are on Disney+ that have beheadings... but as always, in the USA we can have extreme violence and it is no problem.  But any dirty jokes??