IGNORED

Nice storage bins on sale

SpiceWare

Periodically people will post queries asking "What do you store your Atari cartridges in?".

I use these small bins from The Container Store. I just received a mailer about their 35th anniversary sale and the bins are currently $5.99 instead of $7.99.

They hold 36 normal shaped cartridges per bin:

post-3056-0-50475700-1372785852_thumb.jpg

I use different colored bins for each system:

• Blue = Atari 2600
  • Purple = Atari 7800
  • Orange = VIC 20
  • Green = ColecoVision

I also use a few of the large bins to store computer cables, power cords, etc. They're on sale for $13.99, usually $17.99.

The sale ends September 2nd.

• Like 3

Periodically people will post queries asking "What do you store your Atari cartridges in?".

I use these small bins from The Container Store. I just received a mailer about their 35th anniversary sale and the bins are currently $5.99 instead of $7.99.

They hold 36 normal shaped cartridges per bin:

post-3056-0-50475700-1372785852_thumb.jpg

I use different colored bins for each system:

• Blue = Atari 2600
  • Purple = Atari 7800
  • Orange = VIC 20
  • Green = ColecoVision

I also use a few of the large bins to store computer cables, power cords, etc. They're on sale for $13.99, usually $17.99.

The sale ends September 2nd.

Your Racquetball end label looks different.

Do Imagic and M Network carts fit in those bins?

I found some that I think are discontinued from Sterlite they measure 4.5" x 6.75" x 13.5"

they are a bit deeper than the ones the OP mentioned & I'm looking for some moar

M-Network carts will fit side by side with an Xonox cart (but messes up my alphabetizing :mad: ) also Imagic carts fit fine as well :)

they fit 34 carts & shaped just a bit differently (5200 carts fit fine in the other ones)

byzg.jpg

Edited by chas10e

Is this the same thing.

http://www.container...0008469&N=78790

the measurements I gave were "inside" measurements of the upper white drawers (the space I was using) ...

I guess they use the "OUTSIDE" measurement ...the space the whole unit would take up ....

the white ones I have have Sterilte embossed on the top of them and have the same outside dimensions as the red ones below them ....

however the red ones have thicker plastic under the drawer itself (making the drawer shallower ... )

the Red on to the right haz an "M-Network cart inside it next to an Imagic cart to show how close it misses it by :|

yelk.jpg

so it looks like the sale ones & the container store ones are the same as my Red ones .... fitting everything except M-Network & Xonox

Imagic carts fit ok :)

Edited by chas10e

When my daughter outgrew her crib many years ago, I decided to keep the small dresser portion that attached to the one side, its a nice compact size and the size and height of the drawers fits all atari carts perfectly, even M-Network and Imagic carts.

post-2493-0-37613500-1373222537_thumb.jpg

post-2493-0-30585800-1373222547_thumb.jpg

Edited by AtariLeaf

Is this the same thing.

http://www.container...0008469&N=78790

Yes, that's the same link as in my initial post.

I had dinner at Kenny & Ziggy's last night, had some of their awesome summer-time-only Hungarian Sour Cherry Soup. It's a chilled soup like Gazpacho (which I first heard of in the Me2 episode of Red Dwarf).

post-3056-0-22033200-1373380996_thumb.jpg

K&Z's is near The Container Store, so I walked over to it and picked up a couple more in a new color to store my Vectrex cartridges and 2nd controller.

post-3056-0-92484900-1373380551_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...

Last week I emptied out my office in preparation for my new Treadmill Desk. While doing so, I fixed a minor issue with using these storage bins - when cartridges are removed, the ones left behind can slide forward/backward into other rows which causes them to no longer be in order. It's a minor inconvenience, but an inconvenience nonetheless.

Some of my new furniture's packaging had small cardboard strips that where exactly twice as long as the width of the containers, so I cut them in half:

post-3056-0-35194500-1400003075_thumb.jpg

and put them in the bins. The cartridges no longer slide into other rows:

post-3056-0-89899600-1400003117_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpiceWare

Thanks!
I haven't done enough to set up an order page proper, as I'm just starting up when it comes to making them for other people. Every piece is hand-cut, custom made. I'm working on my first order now, and plan on adding details to the facebook page as I go.
Generally speaking, the designs I've built so far (Space Invader, Berzerk, ET) each have $30-40 worth of materials, and around 20 hours of labor, so prices start around $100 plus shipping. I'm still woking on new designs, and take requests. PM me on facebook, here, or email at artbitdecor@gmail if you're still interested.

Edited by DT Kofoed