IGNORED

Coleco ADAM/ColecoVision convention chat time

adamcon

The Coleco ADAM/ColecoVision annual convention is now taking place in Kingston, Ontario right now. We want you to be aware that we will be having an online chat for anyone/everyone interesting tonight. 9pm EST we will be gathering at the chat site ....... http://www.adamcon.org/~dmwick/chat/ Come and join us and find out what we have been doing at the convention, or just to chat about almost anything. ;-)

• Like 5

The Coleco ADAM/ColecoVision annual convention is now taking place in Kingston, Ontario right now. We want you to be aware that we will be having an online chat for anyone/everyone interesting tonight. 9pm EST we will be gathering at the chat site ....... http://www.adamcon.org/~dmwick/chat/ Come and join us and find out what we have been doing at the convention, or just to chat about almost anything. ;-)

Cool, I used to live in Kinston once upon a time. But now I am far away. :(

Hopefully someone recorded the presentations and puts them up on Youtube like Adamcon 21. With a baby arriving any day now and money being so tight, there was NO way that I was able to come.

Someday... someday...

I have recorded a few presentations... maybe one can be watchable on Youtube later this week.

• Like 4

I tried to do video streaming at the conference, but the Internet connection at the hotel was not reliable enough to have the sessions available live all weekend. I did one test session and it kept locking up the stream unfortunately.

Next year it will be in Cleveland, OH and it will be the same weekend (July 17-20, 2014).

I am gathering some of the power points, to allow you to see at least a portion of the content. Unfortunately most sessions were not recorded this year. It all depends on the skills of the people who are present. We had a good crowd with a peak attendance of 21 participants on Saturday afternoon.

Pretty well the most interesting session for me was Rich Drushel's story of how he created a custom version of Time Pilot as a prize for the Mighty Mitchell award.

I quite enjoyed Daniel's session and wished it was longer, with a little bit of a game play video of each of the categories he mentioned.

That'd be awesome. We'd love to see you there, even if your projects aren't finished.

But Joe, would you ever consider coming to visit? I mean Jim Notini plans to come next year even. It'll be a special year, right there.

Pretty well the most interesting session for me was Rich Drushel's story of how he created a custom version of "Time Pilot" as a prize for the Mighty Mitchell award.

Thanks for your kind words, Dale. If anybody is interested, I have a website for this year's "Mighty Mitchell Award". A direct link to the prize section, with photos, two PowerPoint presentations about construction and programming, and audio, is:

http://drushel.cwru.edu/mm2013/#prize

You can also page up for more info about this year's contest (rules, entries, winners).

I am new around here, so I am not sure where the best place to post this link is; but since Dale mentioned my project here, I put it as part of this thread. If it should be in Home Brew or someplace else more appropriate, please let me know.

*Dr. D.*

• Like 1

But Joe, would you ever consider coming to visit? I mean Jim Notini plans to come next year even. It'll be a special year, right there.

What, little ole' me... nah!

Thankfully all the big vacations are out of the way after the last two years and I got a year to work up an excuse as to why I'll miss my daughter's birthday on the 18th.