IGNORED

ColecoVision Green Screen Issue

boxpressed

I discovered a new ColecoVision "issue" today that perhaps others can help to diagnose. I just received a very nice CV from a buyer who described it as working when last stored but perhaps needing a new power supply. So, the video looks like it is going through a green lens filter. I thought I had seen all the ways that a CV video can glitch, but this is a first.

Reminds me of the old green monitor days with my first IBM PC.

Anyone else come across this issue?

post-30018-0-74103800-1374521502_thumb.jpg

post-30018-0-75810300-1374521525_thumb.jpg

post-30018-0-30933700-1374521554_thumb.jpg

Edited by boxpressed

I know. I'm trying to think of a game this CV would be perfect for. Does the CV have a golf game?

No golf game for the CV, but the ADAM has one. ;-)

Two games come to mind that use green prominently in their artworkand even gameplay. They are both Coleco vaporware titles that were eventually programmed and released by Homebrewers... Spectar and Side Trak. You could also hack the title screen for Smurf Rescue and call it Alien Rescue.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Fixed! The RF box has a row of pins that have bad solder joints. Refreshing them returns the correct color to the games. The row of pins has green plastic clips at either end. Look at the pins with a magnifier and you will likely see the failed solder joints. It fixed my screen problems!

• Like 1