IGNORED

Pink Panther proto found?!?

VicViper

It's just hanging where it left off... The guy(s) that received the prototype carts from a former NAP employee came onto AtariAge, announced the find, and then sorta disappeared. This kind of thing also happened way back when with Red Sea Crossing and Pursuit of the Pink Panther (Atari 2600), but eventually things came to light. Might take some time.

• Like 1

Also happened with Caterpillar S.O.S.

Well, this was a more extreme case as the owner posted info about it on Digital Press, then later here on AtariAge and then over a year later he surfaced again, but this time was ready to sell and the rest is history.

As the old saying goes, "All in due time", and if it never does surface again... oh well, it will join a growing list protos and unreleased games that enthusiasts of the CV will never have the pleasure of seeing or playing as the original programmers had intended. My guess is that the Pink Panther game is just a self-running demo like Sword and the Sorcerer, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I am wrong and it is actually playable.