IGNORED

FO/T: First Run Magnavox Odyssey in Box Amazing Shape w/ Inspection Card

KingofGames

Magnavox Odyssey - First run system with inspection card, six game carts, two sets of 11 overlays (one small, one large), poker chips, play money, pair of dice, and various manuals and pamphlets. There are two controllers, a game box, and cord to connect the box to the system. I am uncertain what constitutes a fully complete unit, but this would appear to be close. The unit was manufactured on October 11th, 1972, as determined by the code found on the inspection card. The box shows signs of wear, but most everything else is near mint or better. Currently taking offers or trading towards CIB NES goodies.

sbb8.th.jpg r65p.th.jpg 4gd8.th.jpg d6xt.th.jpg

kqjp.th.jpg qhui.th.jpg qxmw.th.jpg 3ait.th.jpg

Edited by KingofGames

It does look like a really nice unit and its an original 1972 model which is cool.

Only things I see missing unless they just aren't in the pictures are:

the batteries and tape roll (both commonly missing)

the antenna switch cardboard box and 1 of the 2 hanger hooks

1 of the 2 yardage markers that are attached to the stadium scoreboard

the thank you card and the notice card

but all in all very close to complete and nice looking

also you have the consumer registration card and pink percepts card which are uncommon and the plastic baggies for the system components/overlays

plus the odyssey brouchure as a added bonus :)

Thanks for your input Stupus. Is the brouchure uncommon?

The brouchures show up time to time but they are uncommon. Like stupus said it is a nice bonus. Overall that is a very nice odyssey. The tape and batteries are always missing.

yeah like uppy said the brouchures show up from time to time, but its not like you can just go and find 1 whenever you want, but of all the brouchures that is the most produced one.

But they usually didn't come with the systems, but it seems like sometimes dealers stuck them in with items, so its just kind of a nice bonus the system has it.

I would say the most uncommon thing you have is the registration card they are pretty rare as people usually filled them out and sent them in, same with the pink percepts card which is almost as uncommon too.

And yeah since the batteries and tape were disposable items they are almost always missing from systems so having them gone shouldn't really consider systems as any less complete. Having them is just a huge bonus usually.

I would say $200 is a nice deal, especially if it does work and the battery compartment does look really clean so hopefully it would.

If you have a push on f balun adaptor around that's usually all you need to connect an odyssey to any modern tv:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002ZPIOQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&tag=atariage&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0002ZPIOQ&linkCode=as2

I believe radio shack stores still carry them too.

You can also get a cord like this off of ebay.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FMAGNAVOX-ODYSSEY-CONVERTED-BLACK-WIRE-FOR-72-75-SETS-MOWR2-%2F370787317382%3Fpt%3DVideo_Games%26hash%3Ditem5654a57686

Some people do not like to deal with this seller but ive bought items and done trades with Dick and have never had a problem at all.

Yeah those modified odyssey cords are 1 thing Dick (robotkingnes) is good for, you may not want to shell out that much money though if your trying to make money selling the system.

Of course it could be a added incentive to the buyer to have the updated cord as the old original switch boxes can have a lot of interference as well and with the modified cord uppy linked to you don't need the switchbox anymore.

However you were able to pick up the f adaptor locally you could always probably return it too of course after a quick test of your system and some pics.

Best of luck with your sale/system :)

You can try to clean the cart slot. Basically you just buy one of the cleaners that you would use to clean a nes toaster. You just need to cut it to size to fit in the slot as the nes carts are wider than odyssey carts. And on depending on what type of cleaning device you use you might need to take off the top of the odyssey to get it to fit. I was told to use 1/2 alcohol and 1/2 water for cleaning solution. That was Dick told me and he is the guy who gets his odyssey refurbished to sell on ebay. It worked for me but you might want to use a cleaner of your choice.. That's up to you as I cant say the method I was told will work 100 percent of the time. Its basically up to you to take the chance. If you have any questions feel free to pm me as Id be glad to help.