IGNORED

Some WiiU Questions

Metal Ghost

Has there been any news on what else will be part of Pac-Man Museum? Battle Royale, the original Pac-Man, and Pac-Man Championship Edition were the first three that were unveiled but my impression at the time which is backed up by that preview indicates that more content than just those three were set to be included.

Been hoping that Jr. Pac-Man would see the light of day.

Also... If you use a standard Wiimote (non Motion Plus ) with the Wii-U, is there a noticeable handicap in playing any games?

There is some games on Nintendo Land that need Motion Plus (Zelda Battle Quest and Metroid Blast) for the other players, but others don't need it (Mario Chase, Luigi's Ghost Mansion and Animal Crossing).

If the game needs Motion Plus it will tell you to connect it to before you can play.

I can confirm that with Tank! Tank! Tank! and Pokemon Rumble U you can use a standard Wiimote.

Edited by Amstari
  • Like 1

Cods should only be played with motion controls.. what are you tring to simulate? Press x to shoot?? Or pull trigger on gun with wiimote wired in the end to point the GUN at targets and shoot.. not move analog stick to move crosshairs to target and press button..LAME!! I guess the auto target cheat lock helps..

Cods should only be played with motion controls.. what are you tring to simulate? Press x to shoot?? Or pull trigger on gun with wiimote wired in the end to point the GUN at targets and shoot.. not move analog stick to move crosshairs to target and press button..LAME!! I guess the auto target cheat lock helps..

So I should put a full scale car in my living room along with coke and strippers, that way I simullate GTA the way it was meant.

• Like 1

How could it even do that? There's not a video-in port on the Wii U for your cable/satellite/OTA signal to be routed through it.

wii_u_output.jpg

*IN THEORY* the WiiU could interface with a cable box (via network or USB) and act as a relay between the gamepad and cable box. But, I admit that this is solution is not at all ideal and would also be uncharacteristic for Nintendo to implement.

Not sure what to make of TVii. The more I hear about it, I'm not sure what the real goal is. The gamepad would make an awesome universal remote... except it doesn't support AVRs, and almost certainly doesn't support macros. That really kills that feature. It would be a great cablebox interface (and I could use one, since mine sucks!) but it doesn't support DVR functionality "yet". So that feature is down. It's not a cablebox by itself since it doesn't have a coax input or tuner. TVii *could* be a bunch of awesome things... but isn't really any of them.

I dont use tvii as hulu etc are not avaible in camada.. good thing it came with useless apps on the system.. thought it all went to merica i guess?? Really dumb and pointless probably the worst useless non feature of the console.should actually have 5 topics about how dumb a move that is and how nintendos going to go broke because me and the guy who played grover in 1981 says so.. so its relavent.

Edited by Jinks

The same way i can stream fios to my 360

That's online video streaming and I'm sure Nintendo would love it if a provider like Verizon wanted to create a streaming app for the Wii U. And any complaints about existing apps not streaming to the gamepad screen (If that's even the case for any of this stuff since I know several of them do support streaming the content to the gamepad screen) I'm sure is due to the provider and the owners of the content available on the service and not Nintendo.

TVii though which is the subject of the reply you were responding to is only information. It's a video supplement and not the video. So obviously with cable tv which is the main thing it's compatible with (Wikipedia says it can also interact with the Hulu & Amazon apps), there's obviously nothing Nintendo can do to get that output to the gamepad's screen.

It's simply not even being routed through the Wii U.

Edited by Atariboy

That's online video streaming and I'm sure Nintendo would love it if a provider like Verizon wanted to create a streaming app for the Wii U. And any complaints about existing apps not streaming to the gamepad screen (If that's even the case for any of this stuff since I know several of them do support streaming the content to the gamepad screen) I'm sure is due to the provider and the owners of the content available on the service and not Nintendo.TVii though which is the subject of the reply you were responding to is only information. It's a video supplement and not the video. So obviously with cable tv which is the main thing it's compatible with (Wikipedia says it can also interact with the Hulu & Amazon apps), there's obviously nothing Nintendo can do to get that output to the gamepad's screen.It's simply not even being routed through the Wii U.

Thanks you captain. Thats my point...its utterly worthless. "Wow, I can turn off the tv and view a channel guide from the tablet". Console seller right there.

Edited by Skarrj

Unfortunately my Wii can't tune to my TV (hurray offbrand from 2006!) so I can't even use that functionality but I wasn't overly impressed with it either. I've never really been a fan of the game console trying to be an all-in-one entertainment hub though. I guess that kind of thing is good if space is at a premium (dorm room) but if I'm going to have an all-in-one device, I'd rather use a media PC.

Unfortunately my Wii can't tune to my TV (hurray offbrand from 2006!) so I can't even use that functionality but I wasn't overly impressed with it either. I've never really been a fan of the game console trying to be an all-in-one entertainment hub though. I guess that kind of thing is good if space is at a premium (dorm room) but if I'm going to have an all-in-one device, I'd rather use a media PC.

I just think a verizon app so I can watch adventure time while my kids are watching some disney jr crap would be nice

We've had several generations trying to be the all-in-one entertainment hub. None really pull it off, because ultimately the "tie it all together" functions require quite a bit of care to implement, and console makers decide to focus on the games, which are their bread and butter anyway. Now the Wii U is taking a stab at this, and signs already point to it going down the same path.

I don't need to stream video to a tablet, but I really would like to use the tablet as a smart remote, and view my TV listings on a touch screen instead of that godawful cable box. Fairly simple requirements in the grand scheme of things... but I'm betting they won't happen due to lack of interest and content provider issues. :-(