IGNORED

N64 colectors are nuts.

Happy_Dude

Why does N64 stuff cost so damn much? Everything I bid on, I get outbid,

even if I feel like bidding a stupid amout.... At the last second.... I get outbid.

All the BIN prices are insainly high too.

It doesn't stop at eBay either, $70 for mario golf (non-negotiable) at a local flea market :?

and $50 for some other mario title ....

Does this stuff actually command these sorts of prices? are people actually shelling out this kind of money?

If so "N64 colectors are nuts"

[/rant]

It's true. I don't know why but it's true. N64 stuff just doesn't drop in price like the other systems. It seems to have a pretty thriving used market as well; the local EB seems to have a lot of turnover. I'd probably have more N64 stuff if I could find it a bit cheaper. Maybe it has something to do with the durability and coolness factor of carts after all.

I have wondered about that also. My niece and nephew still use their N64 and I have been wanting to find them some used games for cheap and I figured that by now I would -- no way! It is the last cartridge system so maybe this has something to do with it (I think cartridges look so much cooler than discs and they are more durable for kids).

It's nice to know I'm not completely insane. I picked up an N64 recently and started looking for games and could not believe some of the prices. Even for loose carts, nevermind CIB! I'm up to 18 (all boxed so far, but that will change!) and I shudder to think what its costing. Is Mario Tennis really that good?

I'm hoping for some decently priced N64 finds this summer in yard/garage sales.

I miss the Mario Kart Racing. Fun stuff and my 3 1/2 year old loves Mario and I figure, like someone else mentioned, that a cartridge system will stand up better to her kid-size treatment.

They should go down in price soon though.

On the other hand, SNES systems and games still fetch pretty good $$$ so who knows.

On the other hand, SNES systems and games still fetch pretty good $$$ so who knows.

Yeah, no kidding. You'd be lucky if you can find a good game at Gamestop for less than $10.00. I've had my best success at thrifts. Picked up Donkey Kong Country for $3.00 and an extra Mario World for $2.00 and Gradius III for $2.00. Not too bad.

The local Wal-Mart here has a few games new in box laying in the bottom of the GC section case...not sure what the exact titles are, but there are at least 3 or 4 different ones and they are still full price...if anyone wants details I can stop and check out the particulars on the titles and prices.

Mock

I think N64 stuff is cheap. HEck you can get a N64 system as cheap as a SNES these days... like $30-50 based on condition and completeness.

Also, many games are down in the $10-20 area... which is not too bad at all.

Now, the rare and good games will cost you good. Mario games, Donkey kong games, RPG's, and many imports will cost a lot.... that is because there is still a demand on them. people see how good these games are.

RIP N64... I really did love that system. Too bad it didn't go that well :(

†B†V†

I actually disagree completely. I think the N64 is one of the cheapest systems to get most games for right now. With exception of the Mario, Zelda and the Bond games, you can find most games under $10.00. Heck, I can get anyone that wants a copy of Perfect Dark new for $10.00 ($11.00ish after tax) if they are interested in more than a few stores around here -- And that is a _great game_. Same goes with Conker's Bad Fur Day...

Why does N64 stuff cost so damn much? Everything I bid on, I get outbid,  

even if I feel like bidding a stupid amout.... At the last second.... I get outbid.

All the BIN prices are insainly high too.

It doesn't stop at eBay either, $70 for mario golf (non-negotiable) at a local flea market :?

and $50 for some other mario title ....

Does this stuff actually command these sorts of prices? are people actually shelling out this kind of money?

If so "N64 colectors are nuts"

[/rant]

I've got a bunch of cheap N64 stuff on ePay right now. ;)

Goldeneye, Mario Kart, + more!

I actually disagree completely.  I think the N64 is one of the cheapest systems to get most games for right now.  With exception of the Mario, Zelda and the Bond games, you can find most games under $10.00.  Heck, I can get anyone that wants a copy of Perfect Dark new for $10.00 ($11.00ish after tax) if they are interested in more than a few stores around here -- And that is a _great game_.  Same goes with Conker's Bad Fur Day...

Conker's Bad Fur Day is an awesome game. With a doubt the funniest game I ever played and for $10.00 you can't go wrong.

Just recently I bought a bare bones N64 for $10.00 not bad at all. The controllers do go for a lot of money though.

An unopened Zelda Ocarina of Time Gold edition games go for a good amount of money. I bought mine for $75.00 but I've seen them go for over $100.00.

It's nice to know I'm not completely insane. I picked up an N64 recently and started looking for games and could not believe some of the prices. Even for loose carts, nevermind CIB! I'm up to 18 (all boxed so far, but that will change!) and I shudder to think what its costing. Is Mario Tennis really that good?

I think Mario Tennis is good :)

What games are you looking for?

I've been frustrated with high prices too... I see Mario Kart and Tony Hawk games going for $70 or so... and even used games often going for $65! Luckily, if you look hard enough, they can be found for less... Especially a select few games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Conkers BFD. I'm not sure why, but those three always seem to be kicking around for cheap.

The problem (for us, anyways) is that people actually pay these prices! There are LOTS of kids out there that still have N64's... they want new games, so they talk their parents into buying them. The parents don't know any better, so they pay the $50-70 without realizing the game is almost 5 years old. It sounds stupid, but I've seen this same scene happen dozens of times in the local EB...

--Zero

I think Mario Tennis is good :)

What games are you looking for?

Monaco GP

F-Zero X

Namco Museum

Mario Tennis (If it's any good! You gotta understand, I'm a Sega kind of guy and anything with "Mario" in it kinda makes me cringe! But I'm trying to be as open-minded as possible.)

& anything else you can recommend.

As Always,

Markimus of K.