IGNORED

N64 colectors are nuts.

Happy_Dude

Hey Ze_ro....

If you look at my list closer, you'll notice that over FIFTY of the games I said were at least "good", with quite a few "excellent" and "awesomes" spinkled in there.

I have a very high opinion of the N64... I would say it has a fairly high number of shit games, but it has more than enough "must have games" to justify itself.

I love my N64 almost as much as my Saturn. Now THERE'S an underratted system if there ever was one... too bad most of the great games remained in Japan.

Yes, but people are already aware that Neo-Geo collectors are nuts :P

@Asharru, I wouldn't be considered a N64 collector just yet. (not crazy enough yet ;) )

the reason I posted this thread was because I was outbid on 2 seperate

occasions for the same item, a N64 game rack, both went over AU$40. it

sold new for $20 and shows up on eBay 5 times a week :?

At least AES stuff isn't as common as dirt.

• 2 weeks later...

N64 stuff is mostly still very expensive in th UK. Some games can be picked up cheap, I got Mario 64 for £6- about $9 I guess. But others like PAL Majoras mask and Paper mario cost about £30. Though these are later games- these prices are still higher than you'd expect.

I only bought an N64 about a year ago, and I just got an expansion pack. Are there any compatible games beyond Perfect Dark, Majoras Mask, Rogue Leader and DK?

I only bought an N64 about a year ago, and I just got an expansion pack. Are there any compatible games beyond Perfect Dark, Majoras Mask, Rogue Leader and DK?

Most later releases used the RAM pack, and by the end of the lifespan, many required it. I know that Tony Hawk 3, Conkers BFD, World Is Not Enough and a bunch of others use it.

I think that this continues to prove my "two system" rule. Once a system is two consoles behind whatever is current, it becomes cheap. This doesn't apply to chain stores, just to mom & pops and thrifts. With the N64, I thinkt that enough parents still remember how much they spent on those carts and systems that they're unwilling to let their kids part with the systems for cheap. It wasn't until Game Boy COlor came out that original Game Boy became worthless, NES didn't become super cheap 'til N64 hit the market etc.

This is jsut my experience, and it amuses me to try to make a rule out of a bunch of more-or-less random circumstances. :) While N64 isn't two systems away yet, I think that this summer people will be ditching them like crazy. The cartridge as as medium is long gone, and I think that parents like the neatness of the DVD style cases of today's games. So as not to clutter up their lives with scattered carts, I think that they'll be getting rid of them.

Of course I have no proof to back this up, but I've got to think that with the piles of N64 games at various game shops I've been to, they can't be buying these games anymore which should plunge their value in the eyes of parents & kids. I just found a couple of N64 consoles and controllers and 2 James Bond games for less than 15 bucks. I'm definitely looking forward to finding some N64 stuff in the future - I'll bet your local Blockbusters and Hollywood video rental places will be selling out their stock pretty cheap pretty soon.

I also really like the Saturn, but it's so rare that the games turn up anyplace. Too bad as I thikn that graphically it does a much better job than N64. Original PlayStation should also be nigh worthless soon as you can can get a new PSone for $25. This summer should be good for garage sales featuring these newer systems! I'd give it all up if I could just find a Vectrex tho... :)