IGNORED

New prototype discovered !

CPUWIZ

I want to say thanks to Tempest for testing this new prototype and reviewing it, very cool work. I will do my best to open the proto without breaking it to see if we can nail down a date on this one.  

NP. :D

I'm still testing it to see what other differences there are (I'm sure I missed a few), but overall it's really close to Solaris. I still haven't been able to make it all the way to Solaris/Rylos, but I'm going to cheat using save states. I actually like this version better than Solaris (no annoying mazes!).

Be sure to check out my Solaris page: http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/s...ris/solaris.htm

Tempest

wow thats awesome, so now we know. shame they didnt give it a last starfighter title screen, or make the spite look like a gunstar, or implement any elements from the movie. just seems like a solaris lite... I wonder if this is a case where earlier protos would be more like TLSF and less like Solaris? Hasn't Doug been interviewed before? Do we know if it was always pretty much solaris?

The Solaris source calls the game UNIVERSE. So it must've had that name before Atari wanted to convert it to LSF. Another interesting tidbit, I've seen some source code written by Tod Frye for LSF, so it's possible Atari might've had it's own version under development then opted to drop the license into Doug's game.