IGNORED

Possible scammer?

Brad2600

I recently won a Xonox double ender not too long ago...Spike's Peak/Artillery Duel, and the seller's emails sounded kind of suspicious. Here's the first one:

Rodney Bohrer wrote:

Sorry I did not get back to you on Sunday! I did not recieve your email

until I had to quit for the day(All-Star game)! The game looks even

better

then the photo, and it plays like new! It will be a great addition for

your

collection!

Thanks for winning!

rod

Not too bad. This email was sent on 2-10, one day after the auction ended. However, when I inquired about shipping, here's what he told me next:

Rodney Bohrer wrote:

I have not been home yet today, I will email you back tomorrow, about

the

status.

rod

This email was sent on February 18th..a bit over one week after the first. Here's what he told me in the next email:

Rodney Bohrer wrote:

No, I have quite a few auctions going on right now, I just wanted to

double-check to make sure!

It has been sent, you should be getting by Monday at the latest!

thanks

rod

I just emailed him again asking him what the hell was going on. It's now Thursday the 27th and no double ender has arrived :x

You think I'm getting scammed? If it doesn't arrive today or tmw, I'm going to file fraud report! :x

Here's a link to the auction I'm talking about:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3005984776&rd=1

It's funny because he actually has a picture of the item. So he must have it, right?

Yeah, he couldn't have possibly stolen that pic from another auction, that

would be dishonest. :roll:

[/sarcasm]

He only has a 7 feedback rating, and he doesn't have many other auctions going.

"This here is a scammer boys and girls"

Same thing happened to me awhile back. When I ordered something from a seller they had great feedback and by the time I realized I was scammed they had a horrible feedback. Seems they tried selling numerous of the same item at the same time and no one got theirs...by the time I tried leaving neg feedback the jerk was already booted off of ebay. :x

If you kept the receipt, yes there is...but it will take some time.

If this was supposedly "insured", you could use that info to recoup your losses as well. As far as that is concerned, he could have sent you the tracking info on the package, right?

It's kinda fishy to me :P When I was shipping domestic packages though UPS (over 500 a day), it was very rare when one was delayed more than a day or so...and almost never took more than 5 days transit time.

Still no response from the bastard.

I do have the receipt to the money order. However, I did not know what he used for shipping as it was not clearly specified.

He claims that he sent it out, yet if he did it would be here by now, come hell or high water.

I'm tempted to leave negative feedback and I don't care if he leaves that for me because my point is, people do not know any better these days. You shouldn't rip someone off if they bid on your auction and won the item. Cash the payment and SHIP IT! Why can't people follow these steps? What's so fun about ripping off others? I'm sure they don't believe the phrase,"Do unto others as you would want done unto yourself" or something.

Can you find out exactly WHEN it was shipped, WHERE it was shipped from and HOW? If he sent it media mail, it could take weeks to get to you. Also, I find that newbie sellers are not too good when it comes to shipping, he could have screwed up your address, which would cause it to be returned to him (eventually), or it could have been poorly packed or damaged in transit, and go to wherever damaged items go before they are finally repackaged and delivered. There could be many reasons. You might want to try to pull his contact info thru eBay and give him a call. They say many misunderstandings can be avoided with direct verbal contact. Don't go into panic mode just yet.

Can you find out exactly WHEN it was shipped, WHERE it was shipped from and HOW?  If he sent it media mail, it could take weeks to get to you.  Also, I find that newbie sellers are not too good when it comes to shipping, he could have screwed up your address, which would cause it to be returned to him (eventually), or it could have been poorly packed or damaged in transit, and go to wherever damaged items go before they are finally repackaged and delivered.  There could be many reasons.  You might want to try to pull his contact info thru eBay and give him a call.  They say many misunderstandings can be avoided with direct verbal contact.  Don't go into panic mode just yet.

He emailed me tonight and explained that he did send it out and that he wanted to know my address just to be sure that he actually sent it out.

I dunno. Since I don't have insurance on the item, I probably can't get anything back on it. I'll give him a chance for now but if the item doesn't show up or if he gives me another B*llsh*t excuse, then I will report him for fraud.