IGNORED

XEX game files

Mamemeister

Hello!

Appreciate a bit of help please.

I currently own a SIO2SD device which is excellent but today ordered a Side 2 cart from Lotharek after seeing a mate's in action with the intention of selling on my SIO2SD. The easier plug and play without the wires appealed to me.

The only thing I've since realised is it doesnt appear there are XEX versions of some games like Summer Games, Racing Destruction Set etc which I'm guessing could be down to the fact that these were multi-load disk games.

Appreciate if anyone could confirm whether that is the case or if XEX versions of these games are available somewhere.

Just hoping I havem't made a mistake in buying the Side 2 without reading up first!!

Thanks in advance for any advice please.

Alan

Sorry not quite with you there chap. I understood the Side 2 only works with xex files unless you also have the ultimate upgrade fitted. I currently own the sio2sd which works great with atr files but I was intending to sell it on once I got my Side2. If that is unable to play atrs then I will probably end up just hanging onto the Sio2Sd to let me play the multo load games. :-)

Go to homesoft and download the disks, a lot of games have been single filed and disk menu'ed.

That's true, and thanks to HomeSoft for that. But the categories that I speak of mainly are Text Adventures and Simulations which you will hardly find there or anywhere else.

Edited by MrFish

For Adventures, e.g. Infocom, a single XEX version would potentially be possible but would need128kb or more as effectively you'd load the disk data into extended ram and replace the load sector routine with a copy from extended ram.

You do however then run into the issue of 'where does my save game go?!'