IGNORED

How many of you would still like to have this game for CV?

retroillucid

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you would still like to have Monkey Island for CV?

• For sure!! I love Monkey Island
    • Nah, this game sucks
    • Maybe...
    • No thanks, I would prefer another game

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The reason I made the SCUMM engine is I had a thought in my mind, how I can get this to work. In screen mode 2 bitmap, you can load in 3 different char and color tables at once. You could have a full screen scene without tiling. Only issue is that you'll have to load the letters directly on to the scene from ROM. Also, the second reason, I thought Larry uses the same thing. That was not the case now was it Kiwi :P. And of course the third reason is, I wanted to see it working.

Then I wrote the Sierra engine since Leisure Suit:Larry Reloaded uses the mouse function that was started I think when King Quest 5 came out. I think that engine suited well with the Colecovision's hand controller and the roller controller. I don't have a roller controller to test it out with the pointer control nor have an idea how it works 100%.

I'm not sure if people wanted the exact same game ported over. That's one of my concern and also don't want to stub any toes over it. I just beat LSL:Reloaded and it had one addition girl with a whale in it. Colecovision and PC have different ways it renders graphics. I did 3 rooms so far. One challenge is the character's able to walk to a spot, in which a table will help with the collusion. You don't want Larry to become a ghost and start phasing through the bar. Anyway, I do want to challenge myself to get it 32KB. Once I get few projects finish and toss aside. I'll work on this.

• Like 1

Just like to say, I remember Monkey Island as being the most fun PC game I have ever played. Leisure Suit Larry, and all the Sierra Quest titles, so much fun from those. I love the Adventure gaming Era. This thread has inspired me to play Monkey Island...... tonight!! Any of those greats on the great CV is fine by me! :thumbsup: ;)

• Like 1

I would love to see new versions of old Sierra games!

Kings Quest CV

Police Quest CV

Leisure Suit Larry CV

Zork CV

(I know these aren't all Sierra)

I believe all three Zork games were made for the ADAM computer. Not sure if they were actually released commercially though...

I believe all three Zork games were made for the ADAM computer. Not sure if they were actually released commercially though...

In a way, yes, and also many of the other Infocom text adventure games from the 80's. What was actually done was the CP/M versions of the Infocom games were converted/transferred to ADAM CP/M 2.2 format and depending on the screen format (32 and 80 column for CP/M or 40 and 80 column for T-DOS), the games screen output was adjusted. A quick look through my image files shows that there were 21 Infocom text adventure games converted for use with the ADAM.

From there, what we used to do was buy the cheapest commercial version (Atari, Commodore, IBM, CP/M, etc.) of the each particluar title, open up the package and overwrite the disk with the ADAM version, re-shrinkwrap the box and then place a gold foil "ADAM Computer" sticker on it to make it look like a real commercial release. This way the purchaser got the actual Infocom box with all the instructions as well as an authentic labeled disk... but for the ADAM Computer.

• Like 1

Interesting. :)

Since it's fully text-based, I think Zork would be a good pack-in game for the keyboard adapter CollectorVision is working on. ;) But this may be a more difficult endeavour than some might think, because depending on the RAM usage of the Adam version, making a version that runs in only 1K of RAM could be rather difficult. Of course, since it's mostly text data, there's probably a way to use a MegaCart effectively, but there could be a lot of recoding involved. Still, an interesting project in theory. :)

• Like 1

Interesting. :)Since it's fully text-based, I think Zork would be a good pack-in game for the keyboard adapter CollectorVision is working on. ;) But this may be a more difficult endeavour than some might think, because depending on the RAM usage of the Adam version, making a version that runs in only 1K of RAM could be rather difficult. Of course, since it's mostly text data, there's probably a way to use a MegaCart effectively, but there could be a lot of recoding involved. Still, an interesting project in theory. :)

You guys are reading my mind. ;)

I would love to see new versions of old Sierra games!

Kings Quest CV

Police Quest CV

Leisure Suit Larry CV

Zork CV

(I know these aren't all Sierra)

I don't know about these games, but if anyone ever does a port of Make Trax, dollars will immediately fly from my wallet into that kind person's hands.