IGNORED

Wiko Command Control stick repair help needed

Lendorien

Today I found a Wiko command control stick at Goodwill for a few dollars. As I have one and love it, I thoyght having two would make two player less of a fight over who gets to use the old CX controllers. Anyway....

The stick itself is fairly loose, but still seems to work ok. I'd like to fix it to get some of the rigidity back. I took the screws out and opened her up. What a mess.

Apparently as part of the center assembly of the stick is a square pice of metal with a hole through it. Int he hole is a plastic ring that surrounds a metal grommit. The center plastic bit with the grommit has completly broken off due to age and wear. The plastic looks to have pretty much disintegrated. Some kid must have used that thing HARD.

Any suggestions on how to repair or replace it on a budget?

Edited by Lendorien

Some plastic shapes can be replicated fairly easily with putty epoxy, but you'll need to be able to shape it in a few minutes. Also, you'll have to work out how to deal with surfaces that contact other parts, specifically things like threads that you can't really create manually. Of course, you need to be good with models or woodworking or something else with your hands. Could take some time, but materials are pretty cheap.