IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club S2 ~ Week 19 ~ Lady Bug

Vocelli

~ WEEK 19 ~

Ladybug

s_LadyBug_SP_3.png

CLARIFICATION: No use of CHEATS, emulation advantages, bugs, cart frying or other variables that gives you an unfair advantage is allowed in this HSC. Before you even consider using such non-sense a PM must be sent to me, the Moderator, to ask for clarification on any such advantage or rules and if any of the above variables are allowed. So assume you cannot use any of the above variables to play in the 2600 HSC until you are given authorization to do so by me, your humble yet strict MODERATOR!

Ladybug

Released By: Home brew

Left Difficulty: B

Right Difficulty: B/A

Game Mode: Game 1

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone else. The deadline for posting scores is Midnight the evening of September 22.

Bonus +2

We are just finishing up a bunch of weeks of BUGS.

You can get TWO bonus points if you can do the following:

~ If you could be any bug, what kind of bug would you be?

~ Every bug needs a name, give yourself a name.

~ Tell us what Atari 2600 game you would like to live in.

Easy, done bonus points.

Ladybug ~ Scores

346990 - NorthCoastGamer (+25) (+2) I'd be a spider named Bruno, roaming around the caverns of H.E.R.O.

330040 - SBAZ (+24) (+2) ~ I would like to be a Dragonfly, named S.BUZZ. I think I would go and hang out in Congo Bongo & enjoy the waterfall and lack of Spiders.

240700 - Liduario (+23(+2))~ I would be a pill-bug named Tatu living in Marble Crazy.

226080 - Spiceware (+22)(+2)~ I would be Busy Bee, and hang out in Starpath's Rabbit Transit due to all the flowers.

225220 - Snakeboy (+21(+2)) ~ I would be a millipede named Pete and would live in the garden in Centipede where I could spend my time takin' it easy while my centipede cousin does all the work.

206730 - Oyamafamily (+20)(+2)~ I would want to be a BEE named Licyomar Hugo and live in the game Millipede, because I am able to defend people who try to attack and destroy my beehive.

203610 - Vocelli (+19)(+2)~ I would be a Monarch Caterpillar by the name of Franco. I would live in the game Millipede so I could have some friends.

183040 - Khryssun (+18)

159250 - Scrabbler15 (+17) (+2)~ I would be a centipede named Stretch. I would live in the Centipede cart, because that's where I feel most at home. (I would vacation in Activision Tennis and watch the matches to relax.)

156010 - Darthkur (+16)(+2)~ I'll be a tarantula named Boris and I'll live in Darth Vader's T.I.E. fighter in Star Wars Arcade.

145280 - Zoyx (+15)(+2)~ I would want to be a Dragonfly named Yorgle. I would hang around in Frogger. Mainly spending my time taunting the frog because he would be too busy jumping around and not have time to eat me

126200 - Red Tide (+14)(+2)~ I guess I'd be a horsefly named Ed. I'd like to hang out with the cowboys in Stampede.

100000 - ClassicGamer (+13)(+2)~ I'd like to be a Black Widow and bite all the people who pissed me off, mainly my exes. named Widowe. I'd live in Millipede

87950 - CraftsmanMike (+12)(+2)~ I would like to be a "Cicada Killer Wasp", named Stinger. I would live in PITFALL!, there are many trees for tasty cicadas to live in for me to feast on. YUM! by the way, I have a 6mm long stinger, and I know how to use it!!!

73340 - Gorfy (+11)(+2)~ I would like to be a Firefly named "Sparky" because it would really groove to fly around and light the place up. I'd take residence in the 2600 game, Haunted House, since it is spacious and I would no longer have to worry about that damn candle blowing out! Besides, its one of the few games for which I have the box, so I'd be well taken care of.

. 50220 - Karokonig (+10)(+2)~ I would want to be a bug in the Carboniferous period about 320 million years ago. Oxygen levels in the atmosphere were way higher back then, so we bugs were much bigger. I would want to be a Dragonfly with a wingspan of 70 cm named Clyde. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to come to this age and kick small bug ass, because with the pathetic 20 percent oxygen, I would be gasping for air most of the time. But if at all, I would want to zip through the woods of Jungle Hunt, just to annoy the jumping guy with the funny hat.

43140 - Wolfman24 (+9)

42550 - Nikon (+ 8)

26060 - LarcenTyler (+7)(+2) ~ I would want to be a scorpion named Stanley, and I would be in Pitfall!, chasing Pitfall Harry!

20730 - JBlenkle (+6)(+2) ~ I'd like to be a praying mantis named Zak. I'd like to live in the 2600 game Tunnel Runner and help the poor guy stuck in the maze so he can escape the monsters.

15020 - Birdbot (+5)

11330 - Roadrunner (+4)

OVERALL RANKINGS THROUGH UNIQUE WEEKS #3

The Top 24 make the Medal Bracket Challenge at the end of the season.

1. Liduario Y 419

2. S.BAZ 395

3. Northcoastgamer O 393

4. Gorfy Y 356

5. Zoyx O 320

6. Vocelli Y 305

7. Snakeboy 301

8. Spiceware 284

9. Oyamafamily 276

10. Scrabbler15 246

11. Keilbaca 240

12. Karokoenig 213

13. Darthkur 204

14. Aftermac 172

15. Classicgamer27330 143

16. Shinobiedo 137

17. NIKON 129

18. Mister-VCS 103

19. Khryssun 101

20. Skosh 93

21. Larcen Tyler 91

22. The Smirk 84

23. RJ 82

24. CraftsmanMIKE 81

25. Fallout002 76

26. Ferghead 62

27. Roadrunner 59

28. Botbird208 54

29. Serious 49

30. Vaughan 42

31. jblenkle 35

32. KeyboardCowboy 30

32. GSampsaon 30

34. Weird Paul 27

35. Zeptari1 24

36. WickeyColumbus 23

37. Stan 22

38. Gray 21

39. Star Knight 20

39. Chuck D. Head 20

41. Turnquest 19

42. Yarjr 15

43. DoctorTom 12

44. DTKofoed 11

45. Re Tide 9

46. Ahuffman 6

47. Darrin9999 4

47. W.Lefeavers 4

47. Algus 4

47. Dan I 4

47. Ashkin2002 4

52. Atariano 2

52. Wolfman24 2

54. JacobZu7Zu7 1

54. BSA Starfire 1

NEW SEASON ~ The NEW High Score Club Season 2 LINE-UP
Sept
~~~ToyShop Trouble (week 20)
Oct
We will play 3 of your suggestions
Paddle weeks. We will Play 2 Paddle Games

Nov
We will play 3 of your suggestions

We will play 2 games that were NEVER played.
Dec
The last 3 weeks we will play Wild Cards. Double points and beat the leader weeks.

Estimated # of Weeks is 32-35.

Bracket Challenge to follow. TOP 24 make the Bracket Challenge!

Edited by Vocelli

BONUS: I would like to be a firefly named "Sparky" because it would really groove to fly around and light the place up. I'd take residence in the 2600 game, Haunted House, since it is spacious and I would no longer have to worry about that damn candle blowing out! Besides, its one of the few games for which I have the box, so I'd be well taken care of. 8)

This is an excellent port of Lady Bug!

I'm gonna have to play a lot to get a high score. :) And I'm yet to discover how to use power ups and bonus in a good way. I usually just get them without choosing colours or items order...

1) 29,900 (09/14) I think Game 1 is the standard option.

2) 32,200

3) 64,380 (09/17)

4) 127,350 (09/18)

5) 221,990

6) 240,700 (09/22)

post-32348-0-72546900-1379879103_thumb.jpg

Is there some sort of manual for this game... I would really like to understand what I am doing in this game....playing the game and not knowing what is what is extremely frustrating.

After reading the manual, I can understand the colours of items.

Hearts multiply your points and they must be collected when they're blue.

Special is red and you need to collect the red letters to spell it.

EXTRA is yellow.

--EDIT

Zoyx was faster than me.

• Like 2

After reading the manual, I can understand the colours of items.

Hearts multiply your points and they must be collected when they're blue.

Special is red and you need to collect the red letters to spell it.

EXTRA is yellow.

--EDIT

Zoyx was faster than me.

If someone wants to redo using a proper scanner, go for it. I used the camera on my phone, so there are blurry parts.

• Like 1

BONUS:

I would like to be a Dragonfly, named S.BUZZ

I think I would go and hang out in Congo Bongo & enjoy the waterfall and lack of Spiders.

looking forward to playing Lady Bug y'all!!

I really dig that game & haven't played it enough.

never have played the 2600 version (thanks Gorfy & Lid for the Rom!)

I would want to be a bug in the Carboniferous period about 320 million years ago. Oxygen levels in the atmosphere were way higher back then, so we bugs were much bigger. I would want to be a dragonfly with a wingspan of 70 cm named Clyde. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to come to this age and kick small bug ass, because with the pathetic 20 percent oxygen, I would be gasping for air most of the time. But if at all, I would want to zip through the woods of Jungle Hunt, just to annoy the jumping guy with the funny hat.

Edited by karokoenig

Have you played Lady Bug before?

I know you're very good playing pac-man, I'm sure you gonna like Lady Bug. I'm curious to know what do you think of this game compared to pac-man.

Yes, I have. I have learnt the mechanics of this game quickly.

For Pac-Man Triology in 2600 port, I prefer Ms. and Jr. Pac-Man.

I think Lady Bug is better than Pac-Man in 2600.

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 1