IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club S2 ~ Week 19 ~ Lady Bug

Vocelli

Sometimes I invite people to join a HSC platform, even if it's for one round only.

Well, this time I'd like to suggest everyone to try another lady bug version and see how good this version is (arcade, intellivision and colecovision - there's no nes version :-o).

I didn't know the arcade version before. Vocelli and S.Baz made me want to try it a little more.

Bellow there's a video of the Intellivision lady bug played by patbb.

Oh, and I would love to see more players in the Intellivision hsc, just sayin'...

Is there any rhyme or pattern or order to how the letters appear, or is it completely random? Like, hit them all on the right color threw each level, and by level XX you get the special? the EXTRA seems much easier, and more consistent? Im not saying I figured out a real pattern?? prob just me. The over 100,000 crowd, NICE playing. Any that high not get a "special"?? GREAT GAME!!! having a blast this week!!

Is there any rhyme or pattern or order to how the letters appear, or is it completely random? Like, hit them all on the right color threw each level, and by level XX you get the special? the EXTRA seems much easier, and more consistent? Im not saying I figured out a real pattern?? prob just me. The over 100,000 crowd, NICE playing. Any that high not get a "special"?? GREAT GAME!!! having a blast this week!!

I don't think there is any pattern. everything seems to come randomly in this game. one time it gave me only useless letters (except for the points) for 5 or 6 levels in a row! and I was close to both bonuses. there may be something more to it though.

I have one little tip: every time you have the option of getting a letter red or yellow (meaning you need that letter for both bonuses) go for the one which is closest to getting finished. I think this improves your chances of getting letters you can use, if you can get a bonus and clear that word.

Lady Bug 249110

post-34560-0-06540500-1379718244_thumb.png

one thing i have noticed: when playing a game which occasionally freezes in mid-play, such as Lady Bug or Spiderdroid, it is a disadvantage to use emulation, since the controls will sometimes lock you into one direction no matter which way you're pressing on the controller! losing control for a second or so isn't good! this was more significant in Spiderdroid but I get screwed once in a while in Lady Bug as well. I need to get me a harmony cart or a modified VCS controller...

(...)or a modified VCS controller...

I like the stelladaptor!

It's not in the AA store anymore but I remember there was another adaptor to use Atari controllers in an usb port.

There's also the blissbox which is more expensive, takes a long time to be made and, in my case, it was prone to break... :(