IGNORED

MAME/Arcade High Score Club Season 6.01: Nitro Ball

Deteacher

Some of you guys are fantastic. I've only managed to beat the first boss once, and then died soon after. This game is easier played without the sound on - I found the sound just drives up the adrenaline. Having said that, my score didn't get any better after playing the the sound off.....

post-30545-0-02054000-1380393892_thumb.png

Edited by Vaughan

Nitro Ball: 2,851,440

Pinball Action: 481,580

I didn't play much of the former. I really like pinball, though, so I worked on Pinball Action . . . but man, what awful physics. In Pinball Arcade, my accuracy is pretty good, but in this game, it's like shooting in the dark sometimes. There was even a game where I scored less than 14,000 points total. And after racking up my high score above, further efforts went straight into the toilet; I was scoring less than the first extra ball marker half the time, maybe worse. Really, I don't know how to account for such a dramatic dive in my scores. Didn't feel tired, but still, I guess my recommendation for how to do well at Pinball Action is "don't play for too long"!

onmode-ky

post-8302-0-87361500-1380426111_thumb.jpg

post-8302-0-77369400-1380426126_thumb.jpg

That's the end of this week's competition. I was going to get some more time in on this week's game, but my computer crashed. Stupid hard drive was only 4 months old and I spent the past few days diagnosing and then replacing the drive. Ugh.

Anyway, everything will be tallied up and posted in the next round...coming up!