IGNORED

Do you know this document ?

scalpel

I actually have one of those as well, it came with the paperwork for a loose system that I bought (the system wasn't a Sylvania, so I wonder how the original owner came up with them). Also included was a registration card that came with a free Flair pen. I have no idea if the pen is original but it sure looks like it!

post-31518-0-56079100-1382421369_thumb.jpg

post-31518-0-47929800-1382421394_thumb.jpg

post-31518-0-02534900-1382421410_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I actually have one of those as well, it came with the paperwork for a loose system that I bought (the system wasn't a Sylvania, so I wonder how the original owner came up with them). Also included was a registration card that came with a free Flair pen. I have no idea if the pen is original but it sure looks like it!

Well, back in the 1980s, Sears was a rather large retailer and service provider. It wouldn't surprise me that they offered some sort of extended warranty to all their electronic appliances. Keep in mind that the Intellivision and Atari weren't really considered toys for children in the early 1980s--they were advertised as "computer systems," and treated as expensive electronic components.

Just my thought.

-dZ.

I wonder if these were offered early on, during the test period and some of the sales afterwards.

I bought my Intellivision new in Spring 1982 and do not remember receiving anything like that.

This could have been what Mattel set up before it had its own service centers in place.

I wonder if any former Mattel employees/BSRs could shed light on this.

I don't have it, but I DO remember that Ante Up flyer from my childhood. My dad worked for GTE and we got a discount on a Sylvania Intellivision. I remember having that paperwork for some reason ... it's long gone as that unit died and we then bought an Intellivision II.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

I don't have it, but I DO remember that Ante Up flyer from my childhood. My dad worked for GTE and we got a discount on a Sylvania Intellivision. I remember having that paperwork for some reason ... it's long gone as that unit died and we then bought an Intellivision II.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Just how unreliable were the original Intellivisions? Enough for GE to offer a service contract? Or did the beloved Intellivision just give out after being played out to death?...