IGNORED

Shredded Hover Bovver boxes......bring a kleenex

Rev

Ignoramus wrote: "No one can confirm the number of destroyed boxes"

One thing I forgot to mention.

I counted on people like you trying to spread 'doubt' despite the rather extensive photographic evidence that I did indeed trash 300 copies.

I saved the stacked 'Elektronite logo' that there is only ONE of on each box. I will line them up, and take a picture of all 300 of them for " doubting Matthias' " such as yourself.

GFYI, I think that is a lost cause.....best to let the doubters doubt, and the others buy what I think is a great Intellivision collectable. Time for new games! Some great titles coming up!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....it was stupid IMHO to produce boxes and overlays before having a finished game.

Just think, if he had done what I would have done, this whole thread never would have been started! :grin:

In fairness to William, he has explained previously that because of the quantities involved, he needs to print three titles worth of boxes at a time.

So either he waits until all three games are coded and ready on carts and then prints up three games worth of boxes (in which case he'd be fronting all the money for the programming of three games before having to pay the printing bill), or he does it the way he does which when timed right can allow for staggered releases, and help improve cash flow.

I think he's doing it the right way.

I also think he's found a creative way to try to recoup his loss.

No comment on any other aspect of this whole issue.

The boxes were his to shred ... or burn ... or whatever, so while it's a sad thing for many he can do what he wants with them. I really do think it's in very poor taste to post the results however. To me it's nothing more than shoving it in people's faces and saying look at me, Look what I did. Too bad. The Intellivision community seems to be changing lately, and not for the better in some ways.

• Like 2

In fairness to William, he has explained previously that because of the quantities involved, he needs to print three titles worth of boxes at a time.So either he waits until all three games are coded and ready on carts and then prints up three games worth of boxes (in which case he'd be fronting all the money for the programming of three games before having to pay the printing bill), or he does it the way he does which when timed right can allow for staggered releases, and help improve cash flow.I think he's doing it the right way.I also think he's found a creative way to try to recoup his loss.No comment on any other aspect of this whole issue.

That is fair. However, from the conversations between GroovyBee and William previously posted, it is evident that William changed his release schedule to accommodate an earlier release of Hover Bovver. This was because GroovyBee appeared to have made so much progress very fast.

So from a "released when it's done, no deadline set" plan, it then changed to "release as soon as possible with the next set of games."

It was an unfortunate folly, but a lesson for the future.

dZ.

That is fair. However, from the conversations between GroovyBee and William previously posted, it is evident that William changed his release schedule to accommodate an earlier release of Hover Bovver. This was because GroovyBee appeared to have made so much progress very fast.

So from a "released when it's done, no deadline set" plan, it then changed to "release as soon as possible with the next set of games."

It was an unfortunate folly, but a lesson for the future.

dZ.

There you go again, Dz, spreading misinformation. You seem to be trying to frame this as some 'foolishness' on my part for 'rushing' the printing of the Hover Bovver box. Most people have probably not

waded through all the private messages so graciously made public by Mark Ball and they probably take your word for it, that your interpretation is accurate, so I will provide them with some appropriate

messages that shows you are not being fair. (Par for the course with you) Anyone can go an confirm that they are indeed correct.

As I have already stated, 3 boxes must be print at one time with my printer. (I have a 3 box die) Therefore, since Kroz was being delayed, it was moved off of the printing schedule and replaced

by Hover Bovver because it was scheduled for completion by the end of April. Printing was scheduled for mid April, and was going to be 'perfect timing' since Mark sent me this message on March 30th.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:31 AM

'Games For Your Intellivision', on 28 Mar 2013 - 4:46 PM, said:

I see you announced another game. I take it that you will be completing Hover Bovver before you start that one?

The game was started a while back but until I had some good looking robot sprites to go in it, it

wasn't going to appear.

I will endeavour to finish Hover Bovver by the end of April as agreed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fact that the original agreement had 'no deadline' is irrelevant, as by March 30th 2013, Groovy Bee himself acknowledges that there was now one, and promises that he would endeavour to finish the

game by the end of April. He was fully aware that we were going to press.

Indeed, on March 27th, he was giving his opinion on the box.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Groovy Bee'

Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:38 AM

How about moving the Llamasoft "star" on the back to be above the images and to the right?

'Games For Your Intellivision'

27 Mar 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

Do you mean, still on the white part of the box, below the wave?

To a more prominent position would be better. At the moment it looks a bit like an afterthought to me.

I'd also get Jeff to sign off the box and packaging materials as well before you get a bunch printed because he could come along later and point something out that he wants changing/adding. For example

he might want his sheep logo on there or something.

This is Jeff's email address from the llamasoft web site: yak@llamasoft.co.uk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, "Groovy Bee" was aware the box was going to print. Indeed, he was making suggestions.

So, if there was any 'unfortunate folly' I can only imagine that it was believing that Mark would indeed finish the game at the end of April.

Dz, either you should go back and CAREFULLY read the Private Messages, or refrain from making comments on the deal. For someone who claims that you aren't 'stirring the pot', you certainly have the

most ingredients and the biggest spoon.

Chill out, not everything I say is an attack on you. Don't try to frame this as a personal vendetta, because I tried to respond in a reasonable and fair way.

What you quoted was out of context. GroovyBee was giving you his idea of when he thought the game would be ready. There was no deadline. You took that as a chance to get some cash flow in to fund the rest of development, since you apparently were caught by surprise on paying $2k for the first milestone much earlier than you expected (which, by the way, was when the deal went to hell from both sides).

Fine, you do not want to admit any fault at all, you did everything right and sweet but the world conspired against you. You clearly have lost all perspective and have resorted to ad hominem attacks. That's your choice.

I hope for your sake and Elektronite's future that you take a step back and think through your actions. You do not have to prove anything to me, but you need to be honest with yourself.

Good luck in your endeavors. Sincerely.

dZ.

• Like 3

Why did I know that you were going to tell me to 'chill out' and deny that you are making personal attacks? I am not trying to prove anything to you. I know that you have your opinions of me firmly entrenched. I am trying to show OTHERS that your 'opinions' are not based on fact.

You are claiming that what I posted is out of context and there was no deadline. Ummm, ok, if that works for you. The game was supposed to be done at the end of April. Was there written contract with a 'date' with legal wording and such? No.

However, when my other programmers. Such as Catsfolly, tell me that the game will be ready at the end of April, and I can print the box, I have to believe him. He delivered Match 5 at the end of April as promised. When he told me that Paddle Party would be delivered at the end of October, and I printed the box, he actually delivered.

If taking people at their word and trusting them is 'fault', well, I guess I am at fault.

I think that any reasonable person would do the same. I hope for YOUR sake that you just keep your mouth shut in the future on this issue, because you indeed look to others that you have a personal vendetta against me. I've had people email me, and make that observation. Just do us both a favour, and stop putting your unwanted 2 cents in.

Sincerely.

• Like 1

Yeah, you know what really cracks me up Eric?

This quote:

"GroovyBee was giving you his idea of when he thought the game would be ready. There was no deadline. You took that as a chance to get some cash flow in to fund the rest of development, since you apparently were caught by surprise on paying $2k for the first milestone much earlier than you expected (which, by the way, was when the deal went to hell from both sides)."

Implying that somehow, pouring 4 more grand into the breech, by doing the Hover Bovver printing was a 'chance to fund the rest of development'.

Really funny stuff. I don't know in what world Dz lives in that spending big money on printing allows you to 'fund the rest of development'.

By that time, I had the money to do the printing, AND had the money to pay for the programming, but facts don't matter to Dz, as long as he can imply that I foolishly rushed to print or did it with some nefarious scheme in mind to 'fund the rest of development'.

One thing that I do agree with Dz on, however, is that when GB started lobbying for the 2000 'milestone' payment some 8 days after starting the job, and I was 'caught off guard' that the deal did indeed 'go to hell'. When Rocketeer was announced, I should have realized that we couldn't really work together and RUN!

That is my biggest mistake and regret.

William,

Since you seem to be so loose with context, let's try looking at the facts.

Here is the so called "contract," where the terms were spelled out by you.

post-27318-0-49989900-1383434427_thumb.png

Here is where the entire thing started to go down hill.
post-27318-0-56440600-1383434465_thumb.png

And here is where it all went to hell. Notice the date.

post-27318-0-29237100-1383434948_thumb.png

Whether you want to admit it or not, sometime in February--and evidenced by the conversation by 2 March--that things were not the same. So anything that happened after that is just a battle of wills because trust was lost and feelings were hurt from both sides.

It's not that you were wrong or that GroovyBee is a saint, it's that the expectations were obviously different, and the deal went to hell much earlier than you want to recognize.

-dZ.

• Like 1

Yes, a loose idea on January 20th how things should go.

And, lobbying for the $2000 'milestone' payment before the end of the month......and me not being able to get the 2 grand together in oh........12 days from the time he started?

Well, if I had actually not been so 'shell shocked' by this, I would have actually realized 'no frigging way!' It CAN'T be any good or close to what I mean by 'half done'.

Sure, by March 2, GB was really pissed off at me. I should have said "sorry for the misunderstanding, so long". But, I tried to repair the 'deal' and in fact did deliver, to my regret, the 2000 dollars by mid March.

I agree that 'trust was lost' but not on my side by that time, as I obviously trusted his word right up to the end of April when I printed the boxes.

Nevertheless, I think it is time that you stopped commenting on this 'deal'.

Why did I know that you were going to tell me to 'chill out' and deny that you are making personal attacks? I am not trying to prove anything to you. I know that you have your opinions of me firmly entrenched. I am trying to show OTHERS that your 'opinions' are not based on fact.

You are claiming that what I posted is out of context and there was no deadline. Ummm, ok, if that works for you. The game was supposed to be done at the end of April. Was there written contract with a 'date' with legal wording and such? No.

However, when my other programmers. Such as Catsfolly, tell me that the game will be ready at the end of April, and I can print the box, I have to believe him. He delivered Match 5 at the end of April as promised. When he told me that Paddle Party would be delivered at the end of October, and I printed the box, he actually delivered.

If taking people at their word and trusting them is 'fault', well, I guess I am at fault.

I think that any reasonable person would do the same. I hope for YOUR sake that you just keep your mouth shut in the future on this issue, because you indeed look to others that you have a personal vendetta against me. I've had people email me, and make that observation. Just do us both a favour, and stop putting your unwanted 2 cents in.

Sincerely.

The more you post the more childish you sound. Groovy Bee seems more mature by simply staying away from the keyboard. The best thing you could do right now is stop trying to defend yourself.
  • Like 1

Yes, a loose idea on January 20th how things should go.

And, lobbying for the $2000 'milestone' payment before the end of the month......and me not being able to get the 2 grand together in oh........12 days from the time he started?

Well, if I had actually not been so 'shell shocked' by this, I would have actually realized 'no frigging way!' It CAN'T be any good or close to what I mean by 'half done'.

Sure, by March 2, GB was really pissed off at me. I should have said "sorry for the misunderstanding, so long". But, I tried to repair the 'deal' and in fact did deliver, to my regret, the 2000 dollars by mid March.

I agree that 'trust was lost' but not on my side by that time, as I obviously trusted his word right up to the end of April when I printed the boxes.

Nevertheless, I think it is time that you stopped commenting on this 'deal'.

Is there any more boxes left to purchase. Are they all gone to the shred box in the sky.

"Is there any more boxes left to purchase. Are they all gone to the shred box in the sky."

Yes, there are still boxes available.

You can get them here:

https://www.classicgamepublishers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=20

Edited by Games For Your Intellivision

Stop being a shit disturber Rev

I report the news, if this is the direction it goes in, then that is the way it is. When I started Intellivision Revolution website I actually had one rule that I go by that I dont think people realize.

My goal was to report on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that happens in the World of Intellivision. GOOD or BAD. That is also one reason You will see me make a news blog and then post the link on AA that leads back to my site.

So, if an Intellivision Homebrew company shreds hundreds of boxes, that is "newsworthy" to 'report' to the Intellivision community, which as we all know pretty much congregates at the AA intv forum.

So, if that is the definition of a shit disturber, then I guess I am. The news will not be censored.

This Revolution will be Intellivised.

Do I like watching this public arguement? Actually it is kind of entertaining to be honest. And I am not alone. Look at the views of this thread and other HB threads. It is like a reality show. And it only gets better.

Thanks

• Like 3