IGNORED

Shredded Hover Bovver boxes......bring a kleenex

Rev

End of April you say? Thats odd given that on the 30th of April Valter asked me to confirm that I would indeed work on Boulder Dash for Elektronite after Hover Bovver had completed for an upfront payment of $3,500 (after we'd negotiated about it on and off since mid January). Don't get too excited folks that money was only going to be paid after Hover Bovver was completed. I agreed to the deal and without being prompted said that I'd make an animated title page ROM to tease First Star with :-

attachicon.gifBoulderDashIntro.02_05_13.gif <---- Click to animate.

I would post the ROM to that gifeo (which was created on the 2nd of May) but Willy would more than likely slap it on his "cash grab" half cut cart :roll: :lol:.

Given that Valter is Willy's business partner and its well known in the community that Willy has the purse strings at Elektronite it would be fair to assume that Valter had the rights to make that deal with me. If, as you allege Willy, that you no longer trusted me by the end of April then Valter should not have made the deal and I therefore would not have made an offer of doing work towards the project (by making an animated title page ROM).

Don't worry folks, as far as I'm aware Boulder Dash has a programmer assigned to the project but I was never told by Elektronite that I was off the project until I found out about the replacement programmer in a public AA announcement. Another professional move by Elektronite :roll:.

Isn't it odd that some people can conveniently twist situations presented to others without presenting all of the facts? Maybe I should blow the lid off the Boulder Dash deal PM thread too :ponder: :lol:.

dear Groovy

I am sorry to have been mentioned in this debate that continues in spite of everything about HB .

Many people have noticed I have not taken a position on the events , and I have never attacked Groovy in the forum for its conduct .

But I can not accept to read comments about professionalism.

I am the founder of Elektronite , I work in the Intv community since 14 years, before Groovy was part of it. I myself was among the people who have written to Groovy to get him to develop on this platform.

Elektronite and Intellivision are a passion for me , not a steady job, and I'm not a person who improvises business for the sheer pleasure of being mentioned in the forums. My work in real life is program managers in ITC , I manage budget " significantly " higher than what is involved for the production of HB or Boulderdash and I have to deal daily with software developers and third-party manufacturers , Americans, Chinese and Europeans. Professionalism is a concept that is not very clear to who write such comments and involve third people as I read here . Professionalism is made ​​of deadlines, proactivity and communication . Groovy is aware that I have tried to find an amicable solution to HB dispute, and obviously , since I believe I am a mature person , I would not in my turn post email or message sent by me, but I can highlight the fact that I have not received a response , just as it is obvious that the clause about Boulder Dash , was defined based on first delivering HB final, just because I realized that the delays and missing or confused messages were an indication of the great risk I was running on this second game .

There are people with whom working arise problems.

Groovy you also have not the perception that there are attitudes and messages that affect the whole community because other projects ( karateka , halo , thrust just to mentions few) are now at risk due to the doubts and confusion that other programmers have now after reading the forums.

Elektronite has produced 5 games, created the gatefold box,started a website to show Intellivision is alive , participated in various expo , worked with 29 sfotcoms to negotiate the licensing of games and convinced a couple of programmers to return to work on this platform , a platform that before 2005 was virtually defunct.

Today the experience really unfortunate that I had to suffer with HB puts me in the position of having to decide whether to invest more time on Intellivision , or if the brand Elektronite was to be withdraw from the market.

Edited by vprette

dear Groovy

I am sorry to have been mentioned in this debate that continues in spite of everything about HB .

Many people have noticed I have not taken a position on the events , and I have never attacked Groovy in the forum for its conduct .

But I can not accept to read comments about professionalism.

I am the founder of Elektronite , I work in the Intv community since 14 years, before Groovy was part of it. I myself was among the people who have written to Groovy to get him to develop on this platform.

Elektronite and Intellivision are a passion for me , not a steady job, and I'm not a person who improvises business for the sheer pleasure of being mentioned in the forums. My work in real life is program managers in ITC , I manage budget " significantly " higher than what is involved for the production of HB or Boulderdash and I have to deal daily with software developers and third-party manufacturers , Americans, Chinese and Europeans. Professionalism is a concept that is not very clear to who write such comments and involve third people as I read here . Professionalism is made ​​of deadlines, proactivity and communication . Groovy is aware that I have tried to find an amicable solution to HB dispute, and obviously , since I believe I am a mature person , I would not in my turn post email or message sent by me, but I can highlight the fact that I have not received a response , just as it is obvious that the clause about Boulder Dash , was defined based on first delivering HB final, just because I realized that the delays and missing or confused messages were an indication of the great risk I was running on this second game .

There are people with whom working arise problems.

Groovy you also have not the perception that there are attitudes and messages that affect the whole community because other projects ( karateka , halo , thrust just to mentions few) are now at risk due to the doubts and confusion that other programmers have now after reading the forums.

Elektronite has produced 5 games, created the gatefold box,started a website to show Intellivision is alive , participated in various expo , worked with 29 sfotcoms to negotiate the licensing of games and convinced a couple of programmers to return to work on this platform , a platform that before 2005 was virtually defunct.

Today the experience really unfortunate that I had to suffer with HB puts me in the position of having to decide whether to invest more time on Intellivision , or if the brand Elektronite was to be withdraw from the market.

I'm sorry but "crying" after trying to blackmail/extort $4K of goods/services from me then following that up with drama, bullshit and trolling and it ALL not going to your plan isn't really my problem is it. Did either of you think it would ever end well?

Edited by GroovyBee

I'm sorry but "crying" after trying to blackmail/extort $4K of goods/services from me then following that up with drama, bullshit and trolling and it ALL not going to plan isn't really my problem is it. Did either of you think it would ever end well?

I repeat... I had no issues with many other people/developers in the past nor in the present. I assumed for longtime everything was fine with you as well and I did expressed my admiration for the quality of your projects and programming skills.... something went wrong, I take my opinion for myself since there is no need for personal attacks... no one is "crying" here.... I dont understand such kind of expression like this, seems very childish... anyway I'll be always available to discuss and promote initiatives and technical threads that help intellivision platform, including your valuable contributions

Valter,

It is sad that it has come to this, but I believe that one of the problems has been that, although you have tried to stay away from the drama and remain a voice of reason, by not preventing or disavowing some of William's most egregious comments or actions, you have tacitly approved them as representative of Elektronite's business approach.

You may not have wanted this, but such are the repercussions of having a business partner sharing in your organization's public relations and communications. Like I said, it is sad and very unfortunate.

I do not wish you, William, nor Elektronite any ill will, and I sincerely wish this problem had never happened at all. However, it did, and all parties chose their course of action, for better or worse, and now must accept the consequences to their reputations and future endeavors.

I've always respected you and your contributions to the community, and I wish they continue. Ultimately, I hope that this serves as a lesson to all of us, that the community can grow stronger and remain united in spite of this ordeal, and that we see more Intelllivision games from everybody involved.

Sincerely,

-dZ.

• Like 1

Groovy Bee, Please leave Valter out of this.

Let's be reasonable. Blackmail and extortion are crimes, and if I was indeed guilty of them, I might actually be worried. However, untrue written accusations of blackmail and extortion are libelous and open you to legal action. I really think this is getting out of hand.

Regarding your earlier message......

In fact, Mark, I trusted you PAST April 30th. I was trying to refute Dz's statement that by March 2, there was distrust on BOTH sides.

I am not sure if you EVER trusted me after March 2, but I'll tell you the point where I lost trust in your word. After you gave me some story about some 'dog AI bug' when I requested the most up to date ROM for showing the game at the ConBravo! show at the end of July. I knew then that you had no intention of letting me even SEE the game until I paid you. I realized I was being ignored requests

for progress ROMS and was told 'It is almost done' every time.

Regarding Boulder Dash....

Valter is the founder of Elektronite, and was negotiating with First Star for Boulder Dash. They have very specific contractual requirements with providing regular updates, source code, and timetables for completion. Any of which would lose us large amounts of money. I never spoke with you about it and didn't know that Valter was. Obviously, Valter was trying to come to an agreement. When he told me he

was negotiating with you regarding Boulder Dash and presented your terms, I refused. As delays of Hover Bovver mounted, the First Star Software deal approached, I knew that I was not going to use you. The Con Bravo put off sealed it.

It is regrettable that our problems with Hover Bovver not only lost you the Boulder Dash job, but caused an unfortunate situation in parting ways. I should have personally informed you that we had found a replacement programmer.

There are a lot of regrettable things in our dealings with each other. However, I think that this pointless fighting is best laid to rest.

• Like 1

Sorry Valter but I have to disagree that the Intellivision was virtually defunct before 2005. Intelligentvision released games in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, and participated in 2007 releases.

I remember when you had the website "Making it big" and was trying to get Intellivision games made. What year was that? 2001? Well, you did it and have always been a stand up person in the Intellivision community. Do not get discouraged. As you are learning, you need to be careful who you work with.

Sorry Valter but I have to disagree that the Intellivision was virtually defunct before 2005. Intelligentvision released games in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, and participated in 2007 releases.

I remember when you had the website "Making it big" and was trying to get Intellivision games made. What year was that? 2001? Well, you did it and have always been a stand up person in the Intellivision community. Do not get discouraged. As you are learning, you need to be careful who you work with.

oh sorry, I was remembering your releases stonix and minehunter as 2005 releases not 2004... before this I have to go back to 2000.. I dont recall a 2003 release, but anyway, it's just to say that I was pushing for new programmers to approach the platform.. it was 2000 when I launched my MakeINTVgame site... lot of things are improved since then and few more developers are around, but still I dream of having 3-4 classic ports per year on my preferred console. It's not easy.

oh sorry, I was remembering your releases stonix and minehunter as 2005 releases not 2004... before this I have to go back to 2000.. I dont recall a 2003 release, but anyway, it's just to say that I was pushing for new programmers to approach the platform.. it was 2000 when I launched my MakeINTVgame site... lot of things are improved since then and few more developers are around, but still I dream of having 3-4 classic ports per year on my preferred console. It's not easy.

No love for completely new games?

Really?

attachicon.gifBD_From_HB_1.png <---- Click to enlarge

:roll:

Yes, really. I knew he initially talked to you about it in January, but had NO CLUE he was still talking to you in the summer about it. I certainly would have told him not to had I known. The HB deal was not going the way I had envisioned. When I found out he was, and your terms, I said 'no frigging way'.

No love for completely new games?

completely new games?

sure, I have 2 ideas I may propose to developers, but as a matter of fact porting of well known games is easier for a developer.

Also, Paddle party is a new game...

Kroz is also a new game even if based on a license: the license is for the saga background, not for porting an existing game: caves of kroz is Kroz 8 in the saga

Edited by vprette
  • Like 1

Very sad situation... You're talking about private things I think.

Just you have to know we love homebrews... you don't like fight except when we play Boxing (really someone plays this game ? ^^)

And don't forget, we love Intellivision, it's fun for all of us. Please, keep in mind this reality. If you want to fight, do it, but in private messages. Thanks a lot.

• Like 2

again... you are damaging the community and inpacting other projects by your attitude and your messages, you really seems not realise.

Not my problem. I suggest that you have this conversation with your business partner who is doing a fine job of wrecking Elektronite's relationship with its customers and developers on his own.

Not my problem. I suggest that you have this conversation with your business partner who is doing a fine job of wrecking Elektronite's relationship with its customers and developers on his own.

Elektronite relationship with customers is fine, I don't think you are able to ruin it, since we are keeping delivering games and quality packages.

The problem is not damaging Elektronite but this community.

Anyway, you are free to act as you like.

Edited by vprette

I just want to throw in that I am a customer of Elektronite with every release in my shelf, even the DotC demo, and I were insulted by William several times the last weeks, directly and indirectly. Just saying ;)

I wont stop supporting Elektronite and especially the developers behind the games, but my relationship to William is definitely ruined ;) Well, I am able to differentiate between William and Elektronite, but since he is the boss or whatever (I dont really get the hierarchy of Elektronite), I would say the reltionship is not fine anymore.

Edit: But Valter, dont get me wrong, I wont attack you, I really think you behave like a gentleman in this forum and I also think that it would be just fair if Groovy Bee follows your wish about private communications, because you did not throw shit in his direction, so its not neccessary that he involve your person to that drama.

Edited by Ignorama