IGNORED

Making a Handheld a Non-handheld

CastleofIllusion

There's a circuit board you can buy and install in a gamegear to get tv output. I think I've seen some kind of kit or add-on for the GBA too.

Wouldn't make any sense for the GBA, but it does for the Game Gear. Have any links for the latter? That's the one I want to consolize.

What is the system you're looking to consolize? That's critical information, dawg. Every game system uses proprietary parts. If a system is popular enough it might already have kits. I had a TV kit for the original GBA.

Something like the original 1001 PSP, I have one that has a broken cracked screen.

Sorry. You have to go PSP 2000 on up to get any sort of TV out.

Actually, there were video out solutions for the PSP-1000, just not very good ones.

The first was an internal mod, at one point even available in kit form. It was a royal PITA requiring amazing skills. The motherboard mod, soldering, case mod, fitting it all back into the case, it was a pretty serious nightmare. It was so beyond my skills that I never tried it. Good luck finding it now, no one was interested after the PSP-2000 with video output was released in 2007.

Another option was the Nyco Play on TV adapter. It was basically a mirror/webcam combo that attached to the front of a PSP-1000, sending the video signal to a TV via a composite cable. It worked but was a far from perfect solution because of mediocre video quality, added weight and bulk to the PSP, and it made accessing the PSP controls not impossible but definitely more difficult.

Neither of these of any use the OP, just thought I would share some of my useless knowledge :D

Wouldn't make any sense for the GBA

It did at one point though, prior to the Game Cube Game Boy Player attachment days. I had one of the ones made by.. Innovation, I think? For the original GBA. It worked really well and was easy to install. Hell, it might even be the better way to go these days, since the original GBA is pretty comfortable and the Game Cube controller's d-pad is a little too small for its own good.