IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

Nice HAM setup :)

Thanks! It was a pretty big part of me growing up.

my grandpa and dad were heavy into it- grandpa's call sign is AC5D, my dad's is NX5Z. Grandpa also did SSTV- you can find his vids if you search 'AC5D' on youtube. :)

i was a ham too and got my Extra-class (I was KA5YCA, then N5KSF, then KG5RC, then AA5KP), but i haven't messed with any of that stuff in probably 25 years.

• Like 2

Thanks! It was a pretty big part of me growing up.

my grandpa and dad were heavy into it- grandpa's call sign is AC5D, my dad's is NX5Z. Grandpa also did SSTV- you can find his vids if you search 'AC5D' on youtube. :)

i was a ham too and got my Extra-class (I was KA5YCA, then N5KSF, then KG5RC, then AA5KP), but i haven't messed with any of that stuff in probably 25 years.

I watch HAM Nation on Twit.TV once in a while.

I love the technical aspect of it, but it's a bit late for me to get into that hobby.

• Like 1

Digdugnate, did your granpa connect the TI to his HAM setup somehow or he used it for manual logging and such?

I once had an RTTY interface for my C64 which worked really great with my short wave radio, and I wish there was something like that for the TI. Come to think of it, perhaps a standalone RTTY box with serial output could be easily used with a TI. Have to research that :)

• Like 2

yes, he did have an RTTY interface for the TI! how he did it, though i don't really have a lot of recollection for. The only thing I *do* remember is that he used a Kantronics Hamsoft plug-in module, and a AEA CP-1 that might've been in between the TI and the receiver.

i think he also had a program that 'converted' CW to the TI and output it on the screen. I studied for my Novice exam on the TI, too :)

Edited by digdugnate
  • Like 1

For the record - I removed the original keyboard for 2 reasons.

1. Being sangwiched between DVD/VCR and Shelf meant I could never use the keyboard anyway and

2. I need to see the status light on the USB keys so I know when the PC keyboard is ready, there is a delay when switching KVM ports to go from another computer to the TI.

post-47352-0-49413700-1515295581_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

here's a pic of my grandfather and i at his house- with a TI 99 4! (i'm fairly certain).

Cool and old Drake MS4 speaker box.

I noticed all those monitors, but no camera. Was he into SSTV or ATV?

** EDIT **

Never mind... I checked YouTube and found AC5D

Edited by --- Ω ---
  • Like 1

Doh I look every time I'm there and never see cassette racks

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

It was a fluke.. ( not a Fluke, just a fluke... ) This was back in October actually... I had been looking for cassette racks on previous trips... but this trip was about a toaster oven for SMD soldering... And there it was!!! I've looked at these on EBAY, and they are just too pricey due to shipping...

I picked up a set of the cassette drawers (3 drawer model) with the fake wood finish on that same trip :)

-M@

You know, with 3D printer technology, it should be possible to make a rather LARGE storage rack perfectly sized for TI cartridges... one small module at a time, and connect them together to make something really nice. Get a new cartridge, make a new cubicle...

this is a cool idea! itd be neat as well to have the holes in the back for hanging on the wall. :)