IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

• 2 weeks later...

My wife just found this in the garage..

My first programming book given to me by my older brother when I was 11.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180810_180211393_HDR.jpg

I knew I still had this, just hadn't been able to find it for the last few years. This is the only thing I have from my original TI days.

-M@

What I like about this one? The author, Seth McEvoy, also wrote the junior fiction series "Not Quite Human" about an android boy at a middle school. It was later adapted into a couple Disney TV movies.

• Like 1

What I like about this one? The author, Seth McEvoy, also wrote the junior fiction series "Not Quite Human" about an android boy at a middle school. It was later adapted into a couple Disney TV movies.

i watched one of the flicks when i was a kid- I think Kirk Cameron was in it. *shuffles off to IMDB*

Edit to add: it was Jay Underwood (Uncle Buck/The Boy Who Could Fly). I was probably thrown off because Alan Thicke was in the movie, too, lol.

Edited by digdugnate

• 3 weeks later...

It's ALIVE! My TI-99/4A console is setup and working after thirty years! A big thank you to Dragonstomper for the helpful suggestions to get it working! It is such a pleasure to introduce my son to my first computer console and to play TOD with him. He was intrigued by the cassette.

Cooper Playing TOD On TI99

Edited by twoodland
  • Like 12

Hi, it's time to share some pictures about my TI-99/4A working place:

System 1:
TI-99/4A console US-Version
- Sony 12" TV
- Speech Synthesizer
- FG99
Texas Instruments Expansion System (PEB)
- 32KB Menory Expansion
- TipiPEB / RPi card with network connection to my DELL Inspiron One PC
- P-Code card
- RS232 Interface with serial connection to my DELL Laptop D630
- Disk Controller with 80-Track MOD
- 3,5" Floppy DSSD (80-Track)
- 5,25" Floppy DSSD (40-Track)

DELL Inspiron ONE PC with two aditional 28" ASUS monitors

DELL Laptop D630, mainly used for classic99

post-62965-0-85383900-1536757892_thumb.jpg

post-62965-0-00292900-1536757915_thumb.jpg

post-62965-0-56959100-1536757990_thumb.jpg

post-62965-0-85519400-1536758003_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

This is my second system:

System 2:
TI-99/4A console EU-Version
- Tevion 14" TV
- Speech Synthesizer
- 32K Memory expansion (sidecar)
- tipi (sidecar) with RPi and mouse support for TI Artist
- 19” Monitor for tipi access with Logitech Keyboard

- CS1 datarecorder

- Atari Joystick Adapter with two Atari Joysticks

post-62965-0-10952400-1536758520_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Wow, I had to take a closer look! For a 30+ year old computer, you've managed to keep it in pristine shape! The cassette recorder looks new too! :thumbsup:

Thank you Omega! I did have it packed away with care! Unfortunately, something happened to the VDP TMS9918A over the years and I had to replace it to get it functional. A blessing in disguise because the thermal compound had gotten old and hardened. It now has new arctic silver compound and is ready and willing! I am just as excited to get it running again as when I first got it. In looking at other system pictures in this topic, I see that I am not the only one who has taken great care with their systems. Very cool to see all of the systems including options that I have only dreamed of having! Plus, seeing the work spaces and modifications are inspiring as well!

Regards,

TWoodland

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's ALIVE! My TI-99/4A console is setup and working after thirty years! A big thank you to Dragonstomper for the helpful suggestions to get it working! It is such a pleasure to introduce my son to my first computer console and to play TOD with him. He was intrigued by the cassette.

Here is an updated photo since getting my first PEB!

post-65819-0-32578100-1538402918_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Hi, it's time to share some pictures about my TI-99/4A working place:

System 1:

TI-99/4A console US-Version

- Sony 12" TV

- Speech Synthesizer

- FG99

Texas Instruments Expansion System (PEB)

- 32KB Menory Expansion

- TipiPEB / RPi card with network connection to my DELL Inspiron One PC

- P-Code card

- RS232 Interface with serial connection to my DELL Laptop D630

- Disk Controller with 80-Track MOD

- 3,5" Floppy DSSD (80-Track)

- 5,25" Floppy DSSD (40-Track)

DELL Inspiron ONE PC with two aditional 28" ASUS monitors

DELL Laptop D630, mainly used for classic99

What's the card in slot 3?

Got it. Still waiting for all the bugs to be ironed out before ordering one.

Yes, copy files from Tipi to real floppy disk doesn‘t work. But access to tifiles on the Raspberry Pi works fine and access to wlan/Internet with tipichat is cool. Working with a mouse in TI-Artist is also very cool.

• Like 3

Yes, copy files from Tipi to real floppy disk doesn‘t work. But access to tifiles on the Raspberry Pi works fine and access to wlan/Internet with tipichat is cool. Working with a mouse in TI-Artist is also very cool.

Hi wolhess,

we met in Neuss. I am sure you remember talking to Klaus from Austria. Still have to deal with loss of one of my pets when I returned home. Will soon provide updated version of Web99 and will continue to work on TIcode99.

• Like 2

Hi wolhess,

we met in Neuss. I am sure you remember talking to Klaus from Austria. Still have to deal with loss of one of my pets when I returned home. Will soon provide updated version of Web99 and will continue to work on TIcode99.

Yes, of course, I can remember our conversation. Hope you are well. Web99 is very interesting to me, I urgently need an overview of my TI files

BTW this isn't really a bug, just that current disk managers do not support TIPI. There is a new disk manager being developed to resolve this.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

took these today to post to the reddit thread about it.. this is the TI/XT bridge box, essentially a KVM allowing you to use your TI994A as a XT keyboard.. and switch video output for the monitor from your ti's composite out to the XT's CGA composite out..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JNiFExGDkQuWqsx98

took these today to post to the reddit thread about it.. this is the TI/XT bridge box, essentially a KVM allowing you to use your TI994A as a XT keyboard.. and switch video output for the monitor from your ti's composite out to the XT's CGA composite out..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JNiFExGDkQuWqsx98

When I first glanced these in the Triton catalog... I thought it was going to be a TIPI! Imagine my chagrin as I read on. :( :mad: