IGNORED

64k Cart PCB preorder

arcadeshopper

No performance issues, but you'll need to arrange the EPROM header to repeat in all 8 banks, rather than just 4 banks if you used a 32K EPROM for example. So slightly more work in sorting out the EPROM image to blow, perhaps.

Edited by Stuart

No performance issues, but you'll need to arrange the EPROM header to repeat in all 8 banks, rather than just 4 banks if you used a 32K EPROM for example. So slightly more work in sorting out the EPROM image to blow, perhaps.

Which isn't that bad in my 844USB PG4UW software... just highlight all the 16K, copy it to clipboard, and then paste it four times... then select the chip and burn. :)

Just don't resave it over the original 16K ROM image and you're set.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm curious, what is the most popular thing/program/application that people use these things for?

There's probably ~100 TurboForth carts out in the wild now. Possibly more. All based on that board.

Edited by Willsy
  • Like 2

Game Carts: Pitfall, Arcturus, Robotron 2048, (any rom cart)

Util Carts: EA II, Megamod (Dm2k,cf2k,cfhdxs1 and dsku in one cart), dm2k, cf2k, ti workshop, archiver, any ea5 utility can be made into a cart with tursis tools

Languages: Forth as mentioned below

I'm curious, what is the most popular thing/program/application that people use these things for?

If you have one, I'd sure like to hear what you use yours for...

Edited by arcadeshopper

Damn, 100 of anything in the remaining TI-Community *IS* popular! Just a guess, but I bet nothing else will come close.

Yes. Bob Carmany sold all the carts that we made available to the USA. I sold to Europe via eBay (just enough to cover costs - no profit per se). I was very surprised to see that didn't recognise a lot of the European buyers names on eBay. Goodness knows what people are doing with them, if anything!

Very nice. Which type of labels to you print them on?

Actually, I do not use labels, I use photo paper…

First I tweak the image contrast and sharpness so I get the proper level of ‘blackness’ for the background, I also sometimes sharpen up the characters a bit. After I get the image to my liking, I pull out a sheet of GLOSSY PHOTO PAPER. After I print the object, at the best setting possible, I let the sheet dry for a couple of minutes and then apply the magic item that makes the labels “POP”… I burnish on a clear sheet of PLASTIC LAMINATION. The lamination gives the labels their ‘magic shine’ in the proper lighting and also protects them for YEARS of wear.

Afterwards I use a paper cutter or scissors to cut the label to size, then use a UHU brand glue stick to apply the adhesive and the put it on the cartridge. That's it.