IGNORED

Favorite Coleco Purchase 2013

Manoau2002

Probably all of my homebrew games I purchased this year , and I should add photos in another post later .This isnt so much coleco related but Im sure you guys could appreciate it and it was done by Yurkie . I think its very cool and convenient . The power supply by itself without any of those snap in cords fits and powers a nes and genesis amongst others . The cord ends you see from left to right are snes, sms, 5200, 7800, and a 2600 . And yes those cord ends were from NON working power supplies as no working power supplies were harmed during the process :grin:

post-30396-0-93716300-1389893321_thumb.jpg

Edited by AtariBrian

Too late. These CIB are sold-out :P

Naa.... I think they were all defective. I think the Mecha-1 blew up upon boot up, well it's a prototype. Mecha-2 was operational but they forgot to install the engine, however the shield for that one is fully operational. It is still standing to this day. Mecha-3 was inside-out, don't ask how, but it blew up up-on boot up. Mecha-4 was made out of plastic, 1/24 size version, and sold into store for kids to play with, also comes with functioning shield that works for several minute until the battery run out. Unfortunately, it was pull out of store once the children figured out how to fill up it gauge and unleached it devastating attack resulting injuries. Mecha-5 was functional, but destroyed to shred because dysfunctional shield and they forgot to make the machine metal, not plastic. Mecha-6, was made out of lead with functional shield, it fell through the earth into to the magma below once it attempt to fly until the engine overheat ultimately failed. And Mecha-7 is made out of steel, fully functional gun with functional shield, but a lucky thief took it somehow. It was never found again...

So that's my theory on what happened to these machines. I beat this game today by the way. I really enjoyed it. Nanochess, you're like a company Compile(I think aka bouldersoft) when comes to programming. Great job!

Edited by Kiwi
  • Like 3

Naa.... I think they were all defective. I think the Mecha-1 blew up upon boot up, well it's a prototype. Mecha-2 was operational but they forgot to install the engine, however the shield for that one is fully operational. It is still standing to this day. Mecha-3 was inside-out, don't ask how, but it blew up up-on boot up. Mecha-4 was made out of plastic, 1/24 size version, and sold into store for kids to play with, also comes with functioning shield that works for several minute until the battery run out. Unfortunately, it was pull out of store once the children figured out how to fill up it gauge and unleached it devastating attack resulting injuries. Mecha-5 was functional, but destroyed to shred because dysfunctional shield and they forgot to make the machine metal, not plastic. Mecha-6, was made out of lead with functional shield, it fell through the earth into to the magma below once it attempt to fly until the engine overheat ultimately failed. And Mecha-7 is made out of steel, fully functional gun with functional shield, but a lucky thief took it somehow. It was never found again...

:lol: :lolblue: :lol: :lolblue:

This is the most fun and creative post I've read about my non-existents Mechas. I didn't laugh so much since a time :)

So that's my theory on what happened to these machines. I beat this game today by the way. I really enjoyed it. Nanochess, you're like a company Compile(I think aka bouldersoft) when comes to programming. Great job!

I'm glad you liked it! Thanks!

• Like 1

I beat this game today by the way. I really enjoyed it. Nanochess, you're like a company Compile(I think aka bouldersoft) when comes to programming. Great job!

So, how many times did you have to continue or did you make it to the end without using this feature? Hmmm, that comparison to Compile is a very good one.

I used it about 2-3 times on my fifth playthrough. The bosses are very difficult if Mecha-8 at power 1 and speed 1. At least you can let the power and speed power up bounce around if you're at full speed and power. Also destroy the boss's missile will increase the gauge a bit. There's two bosses I can dodge and attack without taking damage.

I did ran into a bug when you let the enemy's mecha live and at the 3rd level boss. The devastating projectiles didn't show up when I use the attack. I guess there were no sprite slot left for them.

I used it about 2-3 times on my fifth playthrough. The bosses are very difficult if Mecha-8 at power 1 and speed 1. At least you can let the power and speed power up bounce around if you're at full speed and power. Also destroy the boss's missile will increase the gauge a bit. There's two bosses I can dodge and attack without taking damage.

I did ran into a bug when you let the enemy's mecha live and at the 3rd level boss. The devastating projectiles didn't show up when I use the attack. I guess there were no sprite slot left for them.

Hmmm... that could be possible if enemy's mecha, boss and you are launching all the bullets, specially in level 3 because of the bullets "rain."

We can say that your Mecha had an internal devastator weapon failure ;)

Currently only solution is to destroy enemy's mecha on sight.

Edited by nanochess
  • Like 2

I must not be the game player that I used to be seeing as I have only made it to the 3rd boss and couldn't destroy him on numerous attempts. I gotta get there with my speed and power maxed out and the Gauge completely full. Looks like an all-nighter of Mecha8 game playing... not a bad way in the least to spend the night.

• Like 2

does that mean my 1 credit score of 2 million is no longer a good score?

• Like 1