IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club S2 ~ Week 33 ~ THE FINAL WEEK ~ Keystone Kapers

Vocelli

Since I don't have any Atari 2600 game to play for some time, I'm going to participate giving some tips.

1) Watch out for the tips in that thread Zoyx pointed! I don't agree with some of them!!!

2) In an even more old thread, 5th ghost explained very well how to use the elevator! I play in a very similar way.

Tips for highest difficulty:

3) Safe way to pass airplanes: duck 6 times. Fastest way (and cool to do!) you only need to duck 5 times!

4) Safer way to pass double high bouncing balls:

Keep running to pass the first ball of the first pair (don't need to duck or jump)!

Duck the second ball.

And finally: duck the first ball of second pair and run! OR jump the first ball of second pair if you want to gain some little time.

Faster, and cool, way to pass double high bouncing balls:

Keep running to pass the first ball of the first pair (don't need to duck or jump)!

Stop for just a moment and jump the second ball. --> I discovered that because my gamepad (or my thumb...) failed for a moment and I jumped on panic!!!

Only this! You can run without facing another ball!!! Very fast, very fun.

• Like 2

Just getting on the board for now. Hope to find some time this week for getting my timing better, and finding out how the elevators work :-).

Keystone Kapers: 15,450.

I never really gave this game a chance so far. Guess this week I'll have to. Which more than once turned out to be a good aspect of this HSC.

You have to use the elevator when the game gets faster to catch the criminal.

That's all I'll say about that.

• Like 1

CONGRATULATIONS TO:

• Northcoastgamer, for top Gyruss score & breaking 800 points :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  • Lid, for breaking 800 points :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  • Zoyx, for breaking 600 points :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  • Vocelli, for breaking 600 points :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  • Karokooenig, for breaking 500 points :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  • Darthkur, for breaking 500 points :thumbsup:
  • Like 3

I knew it!

Interesting thing is the most outstanding score you got that really impressed me was, I'm almost sure, your first score in AA.

You got an incredible high score for Montezuma's Revenge for Colecovision!

After that one, I not only knew you were a great player but I also was sure you would roll Keystone Kapers.

Only sad thing is the fact I couldn't fix my broken Coleco until now... I really should buy a new one.

Aaaandd, play again in the Coleco HSC looking for Lid's Revenge!

• Like 1

Interesting thing is the most outstanding score you got that really impressed me was, I'm almost sure, your first score in AA.

You got an incredible high score for Montezuma's Revenge for Colecovision!

After that one, I not only knew you were a great player but I also was sure you would roll Keystone Kapers.

Aaaandd, play again in the Coleco HSC looking for Lid's Revenge!

Lid's sequel :arrow: the Revenge of Brazil, co-starring Oyamafamily, as the great metropolis of Cleveland gets crushed by forces even greater than Godzilla himself! :-D

I'm not familiar with Montezuma's Revenge, but I knew Northcoaster was in a league of his own when he rolled Tunnel Runner. That was mind-blowing!!

• Like 1

Thank you all very much, I appreciate it a great deal. It certainly was an interesting, competitive, and fun season. Good players and good people here. My main purpose of joining the 2600 HSC midway through last season, was to see if I could still compete at somewhat of a high level. That being said, I certainly was pushed competitively into endless hours and numerous resets to improve scores. I hope I pushed some of you aswell into better scores. Wishing you all a safe and merry x-mas!

• Like 7