IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club S2 ~ Week 33 ~ THE FINAL WEEK ~ Keystone Kapers

Vocelli

I've had this game since I was a kid. I always thought it cute and unique, though I was never good at it and still am not. The two low bouncing balls are the time killers for me.

It might be one of those guy friendly games, where it uses a lot of hand muscle ? I notice I have to really slam my hands into the joystick to get the timing right and elevator. With compared to most 2600 games, it's much rougher.

Maybe a softer control would help, over the bulky standard joystick?

I'm curious if Centiqueen is good at this one, hope she posts a score on the final game.

• Like 1

nothing much yet, little time to play. my first goal is my personal best which was 31K.

nice Jacob, 396 just like your Gyruss Score!

and WOW congratulations I am amazed, it looks like you will make it into the bracket challenge! very impressive

Cheers for Scrabbler and Karo, it's a close race to the Gold bracket!

I am also very happy to see CraftsmanMike and Miss26 in the tournament :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

and sad to see Shinobiedo & Centiqueen not in it ! :woozy:

NorthcoastGamer, your win is especially impressive since you missed a week or two! And with Liduario playing how did you do it! many surprise 1st place posts at the last day, that made it exciting to be at or near the top, knowing you hadn't posted yet... good times!

Atarian7 it's good to see you here, another player I admired before joining (oyama & roadrunner were as well)

Merry Christmas / happy holidays HSC gamers! It's been a pleasure playing with you all this season...

• Like 5

It might be one of those guy friendly games, where it uses a lot of hand muscle ? I notice I have to really slam my hands into the joystick to get the timing right and elevator. With compared to most 2600 games, it's much rougher.

Maybe a softer control would help, over the bulky standard joystick?

I'm curious if Centiqueen is good at this one, hope she posts a score on the final game.

Well, I have had some difficulty getting into the elevators, but it is more of a centering issue. I don't play long enough to make it a hand strength issue, I'm just not good. How much time is left on average when you catch the crook in the later rounds? It seems to dwindle quite a bit for me which means not many points. It must take hours to get to a million. Then, I think, hand strength would definitely come into play.

I've been utilizing the elevators more in the early rounds to nab the burglar sooner and get more points. Doing this, I was able to improve my score while probably getting to the same level as last time. I'm still having difficulty with the low bouncing balls. I managed to clear them maybe once or twice. The frustrating thing is, I'll keep slowing down and re-positioning myself to jump them and clear two or three only to hit the last one. Then I waste time trying to clear them AND get hit with the penalty. It would be better just to hit the first one, LOL.

post-2105-0-75613000-1387936519_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miss 2600
  • Like 1

Both of my atari joysticks are finally broken.

I broke the first one in the Berzerk HSC when I became mad from dieing, resulting me to throw the stick at the ground. The "box" part broke in half and the fire button doesn't work

I broke the second one from playing too much Decathlon, and right doesn't work. Go figure.

The good news is I ordered a Suncom Slik Stick. Supposedly Suncom makes some pretty good joysticks and the Slik Stick is said to be durable.

Im going to get to 1 million. This game is going down.

• Like 3

Both of my atari joysticks are finally broken.

I broke the first one in the Berzerk HSC when I became mad from dieing, resulting me to throw the stick at the ground. The "box" part broke in half and the fire button doesn't work

I broke the second one from playing too much Decathlon, and right doesn't work. Go figure.

The good news is I ordered a Suncom Slik Stick. Supposedly Suncom makes some pretty good joysticks and the Slik Stick is said to be durable.

Im going to get to 1 million. This game is going down.

I discovered recently you can use driving paddles to get high speed in decathlon!

When I was 9years I broke my decathlon in pieces because I didn't want to lose any other joystick.

• Like 3

New (,and most likely, final) Score: 424,250

Ran out of gas and quit. At some point, the game ceases to be fun and becomes an exercise in endurance. I tip my hat to Lid and Northcoaster for sticking it out all the way :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Also, big ups to Lid for his tip on navigating the high bouncing balls at the fastest level :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

post-27900-0-14478900-1388051649_thumb.jpg

• Like 3