IGNORED

The JZINTV for Android app

halfiepint

I have the same issue on my phone but do not see options to turn off vibration. Is this within the jzintv emulator? No other app does this on my phone.

EDIT: Checked the app info and it controls the vibration of the phone. My phone only has an option to turn off vibration during calls. So is there a options menu within jzintv for android and how do you get to it?

Does your phone have a menu button? In jzintv4droid game screen (not the file selection screen) press the phone's menu button; select options; select vibration.

Does your phone have a menu button? In jzintv4droid game screen (not the file selection screen) press the phone's menu button; select options; select vibration.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Core and it only has a "back" button, a "home" button, and a "window" button for selecting previously used apps. Like I said earlier, this is the only app that utilizes vibration as there is no other way to turn off vibration except for incoming calls. I tried that just to see what would happen and jzintv still vibrates with every key press I make. Isn't there an options within jzintv to switch this off?

Yes there is, but you need a menu button to access it. Older android phones had a dedicated menu button. Newer android phones got rid of it. Most apps have been updated to not use the menu button. Maybe there is a way with your phone to activate the menu button, otherwise you have to wait until jzintv4droid is updated for newer androids.

Edit:

Depending on your phone, the menu button might be represented by three dots on screen. Did you try long pressing the apps/window button like Lathe26 suggested?

Edited by mr_me

has anyone tried the app using Remix OS or the Remix OS Player? I love jzINTV4droid on my phone but I have never been able to get it to work on either of the (off brand) tablets that I have had. I have the Remix OS running on two different PCs and tried the new (ish) Remix player for windows yesterday and I can't get the app to work at all.

It loads and it shows the ROMs and when I select one it will sort of display the controller screen and a portion of the game screen but then it returns to the ROM list. It seems like it doesn't like the bigger screen even the "window" looks like it's about right proportionally. I am wondering if this is from the many changes to Android over the past couple of years and the app isn't up to date or if I am just using versions of Android that have quirks and don't get along with the app.

Press and hold your phone's "Switch Apps" (near your Back button and Home button). Select Options and then Vibration.

Ok, this got it to work! First I started up JZINTV then held down the "switch apps" button and up came the JZINTV options to which I turned off the vibration for everything in that app. Thanks Lathe26 you helped save my sanity because I knew I changed it on my older phone. Now I can play some intellivision on a bigger screen (in peace)! :grin: Thanks again for your patience and help!

Edited by atarifan88

Yes there is, but you need a menu button to access it. Older android phones had a dedicated menu button. Newer android phones got rid of it. Most apps have been updated to not use the menu button. Maybe there is a way with your phone to activate the menu button, otherwise you have to wait until jzintv4droid is updated for newer androids.

Edit:

Depending on your phone, the menu button might be represented by three dots on screen. Did you try long pressing the apps/window button like Lathe26 suggested?

Lathe26's suggestion worked. Of course I needed to have JZINTV open first. Now I know how to access the keyboard to play Super NFL football on my phone as well! Thanks for your patience and help!

• 2 months later...

Beautiful! Pressing the Menu button on my keyboard worked for my tablet, and holding the Back button worked for my phone. No more vibration, and I can activate the ECS keyboard, and I finally know how to see the overlay images. I also see save scumming is in there. Of course, a game has to be activated first, because the menu is different from the ROM selection screen. Three things left though.

1. Is there a landscape orientation available? I heard there was, but I haven't figured that out yet.

2. I know there was another thread for disabling the graphical Android System Menu Bar for certain devices, which causes the top row to clip off the top of the screen. That's not an issue with my phone, but on my tablet, the Menu Bar is configurable. I'll have to keep playing around with that one.

3. Even though the ECS is fully implemented, the code I use to auto-detect an ECS fails on this emulator. It works on the PC port of jzintv, and on real Intellivision consoles. That affects RobotFindsKitten as well as FUBAR.

Someone should make an updated version for Android. Landscape and USB controller support is a must. This one is base on an old version of jzIntv there are a few issues. If anyone make a new one they should make sure to get the latest jzIntv; not sure if the source code at the jzintv website is the latest.

• Like 1

While I'm thinking of it, the overlay feature should also display a second overlay when control is switched to the second player, for games that had two different overlays, like Chess, Melody Blaster, and Microsurgeon.

Also, the documentation should be viewable when pressing the "?" button, not just the update history. I would especially take care to document the features that people have been asking about, like disabling vibration and enabling ECS keyboard support. Great job so far!

• 1 year later...

It exists an updated version since 2017/06/13 (you might have noticed that already)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.libsdl.jzintv4droid2

The description of jzintv4droid2
Android port of intellivision emulator jzintv.
Released as new app due to password forgotten, apologizes.
This new version works on newest devices, thanks to Marco Turconi

maybe this will fix some problems, for the rest there are no changes to see if i run it.

i would myself have some questions, i.e. how to run a ECS game (especially for those which need it for the extra PSG channels).

roms which are known by jzIntv start properly with the ecs but there are many which aren't known.

unfortunatly jzintv didn't cares about [vars] ecs=1 in the config file so this possibility is outclosed.

but anyway it's cool to have the possibility to play Intellivision on a portable device.

ah yes, jzIntv doesn't needs the ivoice.bin for the voice emulation.

exec.bin grom.bin and ecs.bin are enough.

it differs slightly to the result in MAME but it's nonetheless closer as i guess (i posted this already), i always thought it's a issue of jzIntv that the voice in "Tag-Along Todd" doesn't stops after "let's play" ("playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...") when you start it, but the real intellivoice behaves exactly the same with this game (at least when you use it with LTO Flash, while there is not much else possibility to run it).

the only thing i miss for jzintv4droid is an external configuration file (or internal possibility to set the switches) and the keyboard input seems not to work.

interested in a collection of overlays nicely cutout and aligned ideal for the use in jzintv4droid?

(as compressed 8bit .png to save every possible bit space, much smaller in filesize as any 24bit .jpg of the same size)

Edited by Gernot

Looks like the new version is still using an old jzIntv (still has the ms. pacman bug). So it won't have any of the newer jzIntv features either. Are [vars] cfg options new? It's tough to play using the touch screen, but still nice to have for testing.

• 2 weeks later...

It's tough to play using the touch screen, but still nice to have for testing.

is a mild expression

it's *!!(fist)**(explosion)+!(dark clouds wth lightnings) it's simply this unspeakable four letter word.

i know now why i never used my phone for gaming before, the inty was an exclusion, works halfaways to play astrosmash with autofire but it's anything else as good.

besides, does jzintv recognize the [vars] at all? (and new they are certainly not)

ok i can't run the very latest release even if they are stated as 32bit releases (they fail in win XP, it misses a instruction in msvcrt.dll but i can't exchange this vital library), the latest which runs on my rotten old PC is from september last year, but as far as i experienced it works the same as the one from october.

however in my case resp. in the release i use it doesn't recognizes it and a newer one won't run.