IGNORED

Price Guide for Commodore 64 carts?

cvga

• 6 months later...

I stumbled on this:

http://www.commodore.ca/manuals/funet/cbm/vic20/Cartlist.html

And though dated, is it still pertinent?

I've acquired a bundle of vic-20 games and since I specialize in Atari, I'm not sure what the interest is with this platform?

Some of the games are ER Extremely Rare according to this page.

Thanx.

I don't think that list has been updated in years but it's probably still fairly accurate. They did a great job with it. Some of the Vic games are fairly valuable. What ER or more rare games do you have?

There is an awful lot out of date with that Vic20 list now compared to today. Really wrong rarities for some, and many "missing" titles have actually been found. The DP rarity guide is probably still the best place, or you can post what carts here ChrisLynn, and I can give you my verdict...

Digital Press for Atari 8-bit is very inaccurate, so I didn't know what to look at. It's looks like DP is missing games and has the values very low. I publish an Atari 8-bit cart list but for rarity and completeness only, since values can be too hard to determine.

Here are the titles (all loose):

Omega Race

PinBall

Gridrunner

Galaxian

Forth Encounter

Pirates Cove

Donkey Kong

The count

Pac-man

Tooth Invaders

Aggressor

Atlantis

Super Smash

Gorf

Jupiter Lander

Satellites Meteorites - UMI

Meteor run - UMI

Battlezone

SeaWolf

k-Star Patrol

Mutant Herd

Home Babysitter

When it comes to Digital Press, it seems to depend on who administrates the rarity lists. Mayhem appears to do a good job with the VIC-20 and C64 sections, but whoever handles the Atari 8-bit section might be lagging behind. Perhaps they need some help?

I ran through your list with the current version on DP, and it gives these estimated values:

Gorf, Jupiter Lander and Omega Race - $1 each

Atlantis, Pac-Man (Atarisoft version, I presume), Pinball (Spectacular), Pirate's Cove and The Count - $2 each

Home Babysitter, K-Star Patrol and Super Smash - $3 each

Donkey Kong - $4

Fourth Encounter and Gridrunner - $5 each

Mutant Herd - $6

Agressor, Sea Wolf and Tooth Invaders - $8 each

Battlezone - $10

Meteor Run (UMI) - $12

Satellites and Meteorites (UMI) - $15

Galaxian (Atarisoft version, I presume) - $20

Perhaps some of those go for a little more on eBay, but it is at least a baseline. The disclaimers about Pac-Man and Galaxian is that HAL Labs through Commodore sold those titles in Japan only for the VIC-1001. Those two games were renamed Jelly Monsters and Star Battle before both more or less were pulled from the market for infringement reasons, as Commodore/HAL had the rights to sell the games in Japan but not in rest of the world. If you indeed have Japanese VIC-1001 editions rather than Atarisoft's independent conversions, they apparently are worth much more.

Good try, but it seems there never was any Ultima game released on cartridge, at least not for the VIC-20. There was one released on cassette though, but it might require you to rethink the table design if you're changing media in the middle of building it. ;-)