IGNORED

[VECTREX] AVE MARIA!

Der Luchs

@arquillos: I think so :) It's my first Vectrex Game. I'm so proud of this "Basic Gameplay", that I need to share it with you :)

@Seob: ARGH! Don't know that one.. BUT fortunately it's just the beginning, there will be more to come I only need to figure out, how to make it ^^

LOL, You think you've got a good idea for game and BAM! ^^

@arquillos: I think so :) It's my first Vectrex Game. I'm so proud of this "Basic Gameplay", that I need to share it with you :)

@Seob: ARGH! Don't know that one.. BUT fortunately it's just the beginning, there will be more to come I only need to figure out, how to make it ^^

LOL, You think you've got a good idea for game and BAM! ^^

First, it's always nice to see people trying to make new games for an old system so kudos for you for trying it.

It still a good idea, but you may need to extend the gameplay a bid, to make it different. Maybe you could add some shooting. Hitting rocks once or twice will vaporous the rock or maybe for more tactic; hitting the rock will change the path of the rock. But it will need solid collision detection, when you would choose shooting rocks alters the path. I mean what will happen to a rock that is hit when it hits a other rock.

I'm not sure about the title. What has Maria to do with avoiding rocks? It's a bit to Biblical title for me, or is God angry and throws rocks at Maria?

I showed Astrododge last week to my friend, and he likes the game play, but just dislikes the fact that it's not vector graphics. So not everybody loves the bitmap graphics that Revival Studios uses. I still think it's impressive looking, but I could see the point my friend made about it not being vector graphics. Vector graphics is what sets the vectrex apart from it's competitors.

Edited by Seob

The funny thing is, I don't want to do a shooter BECAUSE OF DEBRIS! ^^

But there will be no shooting, I'm aiming that enemy-ships will shot you with homing missiles and so on... So there will be something different between

the games.

Maria is the name of the Ship and you will need more to do besides to avoid... but I don't want to tell more about it yet ;)

I'll post another Video if I got something new ;)

• Like 1