IGNORED

How to run homebrew on an intellivision? Is there a way?

la1n

I'm not sure of what you are asking... There is a multi-cart called the Cuttle Cart 3 (CC3), designed and manufactured by Chad Shell from Shell Electronics that allows you to use a Micro-SSD card to transfer ROMs from your PC and play them on the Intellivision console. Is this what you are referring to?

The CC3 is no longer available. However, since its recent demise, demand has skyrocketed (to the chagrin of Mr. Shell, who had trouble getting rid of it for years, which is why he stopped production.) You can find a copy on e-Bay, but you'll get gouged by the sellers.

I know that GroovyBee is working on another similar item that he said may be ready this year, you may want to wait for that.

Other than that, I guess you could design your own...

-dZ.

thanks for reply.

it is exactly what i am searching for. i hope i can use this for installing homebrew for an exhibition.

i will try to find a Cuttle Cart 3 (but didn't found) and if i can't get one i have to wait. :-(

i hope they will come up with a new version for the cartrige soon .-)

t00cg@la1n

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I'm aware there were two new multi-carts that were said to be in development as of last year. However, none have made significant progress thus far and neither has been released. The Cuttle Cart, if you can find one, generally goes for about $350 or more at auction. The sold out a number of years ago and no more will be manufactured.

Unfortunately, there is no cart service (i.e. provide a home-brew rom image and $30 and have a cart made) for Intellivision like there is for Atari. With the number of new home-brew producers entering the market, it is a possibility that this may become a reality.

I've got a prototype PCB being made right now. In a couple of weeks I'll be able to test it. It should run 16-42K games.

Is this related to GB's or Voltron's projects, or yet another one? Can't keep track of who's doing what and when around here any more! (and that's not necessarily a bad thing :D )

Is this related to GB's or Voltron's projects, or yet another one? Can't keep track of who's doing what and when around here any more! (and that's not necessarily a bad thing :D )

It's a separate project. It's meant for homebrews, but could be used as a crude single-game flash cart if you have an EPROM programmer and a 44 pin PCB edge connector (cartridge slot). It's sort of old-school for this first version, using an address latch and a small GAL/PAL chip (and EPROM, of course). Future versions might use a CPLD and EPROM, or perhaps just a microcontroller, but this first version will hopefully at least be a start in understanding how the Intellivision carts work. Of course it's still all vapourware, at least for now.

• Like 2

thanks for reply.

it is exactly what i am searching for. i hope i can use this for installing homebrew for an exhibition.

i will try to find a Cuttle Cart 3 (but didn't found) and if i can't get one i have to wait. :-(

i hope they will come up with a new version for the cartrige soon .-)

t00cg@la1n

Maybe you find a Intellicart. That's the predecessor of the cuttle cart 3. It has no permanent memory but you can send game data by serial cable from your computer to it.

hi there,

i would really like to run my developed game on a original intellivsion .-) it is more fun. the ugly thing: on atari 2600 i can do this with an flash card (tried with my axe game). even on a nes. would be great that the intellivision guys (we played night stalker, river raid, triple action on intellivision) had also such a cool feature.

this should be the old fight against atari 2600! let's do it.

so if someone out there wants to sell me on of these cards - i want it (there are no cards on ebay .-( ).

t00cg@la1n