IGNORED

First fully committed Bentley Bear Crystal Quest cart + an idea!

CPUWIZ

It's not all about trust mate, it takes forever, in terms of turnaround time. Shipping across the pond is also expensive. ;)

Hi CPUWIZ

Sure,i understand and shipping to europe can take really Long :(

But if you Need a PAL System for testing,i have one left for you.....

just let me know

greetings walter

Not really... they're getting there. Greenpeace is watching the POKEY supply with worried interest...

You can still get them out of NOS (and used) ballblazer carts for $5 shipped on ebay

on a daily basis so for the time being I think we are all ok. There is still piles of them

from Oshea's sitting in the garages of resellers too but they are starting to ask $7 to $10 but

barely ever get it. If you buy in bulk from them you can still get them down to $4 - $6

each.

As far as ebay there is a total of 1 that is 5 shipped and the rest are alot more . A couple that have sold recently for 5 or less shipped . How do you know people have piles of them in their garages that they bought from Oshea's ? You may be able to get them in bulk from places like Best . But call Brad and ask him how many he has and I dont think he has that many ... and Brad doesnt give you bulk prices so that is another opinion .

• Like 1

As far as ebay there is a total of 1 that is 5 shipped and the rest are alot more.

Unfortunately that is not an exception, but becoming the rule or even worse...

Just a couple of weeks ago:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/219831-replacement-for-pokeydpc/?do=findComment&comment=2897364

Out of approximately a dozen or so listings for 7800 Ballblazer on ebay at the time:

-Some costing $30 or more.

-Some running $10+ shipped.

-Some others between $12-16 shipped.

-Only one listing for a used cart with a 'rough label' costing ~$7 shipped.

It would be great to turn back the clock and even have O'Shea selling brand new 7800 and 2600 games at $0.40 a piece, but time seems to be the enemy concerning not just the availability of POKEY - but the availability in mass quantities at a reasonable/affordable price.

As mentioned in the linked thread, factoring whose time/resources are being spent first taking apart the cart and unsolder the chip used on Ballblazer and then soldering it to a new board, even when Ballblazer's are being utilized for their used POKEY chips, needs to be looked at as well.

Regarding those consideration it may be very well better off getting an unused, never soldered POKEY chip from Best Electronics or B&C for $10. Hopefully, that price won't go up any time soon; supplies are undoubtedly finite though.

• Like 1

Don't forget, there are also millions of Atari 8bit computers and 5200 consoles that can be killed. >:

Heavily used and over 30+ years old. To strip POKEYs out of them is unacceptable.

And the 5200 was a good console. Don't besmirch it, the Angry Videogame Nerd has done enough damage to its reputation already...

Edited by Lynxpro
  • Like 1