IGNORED

schoolgirls ebay auction

AtariBrian

• 4 years later...
On 2/5/2014 at 11:25 PM, Zap! said:

It was an average-looking house. I guess I could have taken pics, but didn't think to. Maybe I'll buy something else from him in the near future and take some pics. :)

>> sorry I shouldn't have added my personal bitterness to this thread. Forgive me. 

Edited by xefned
Am I making the world a better place? Not really.
  • Haha 1

Since when do we comment on people's personal lives or circumstances?  It really shouldn't make any difference where they live.  I can understand you may not care for their selling tactics or habits with regard to the hobby.   But unless they've ripped you off or something, I see no reason to make random personal attacks.

Holy cow, epic bump! Yeah, no personal attacks or doxing please.

I think the only angle we have here is a heterosexual male ebay scalper posing with a funny screenname (ie "schoolgirlinashortdress") to attract attention of geeks and okatus online so he could increase traffic and sales. It worked, sadly...

No self respecting woman would post a screenname like that! I should know; I am one!

Later, Alita!??

13 hours ago, stupus said:

Ok, good, all boxes checked yes. So we now have your permission to continue the personal attacks?

The person whose post you were initially reacting to already deleted theirs so obviously they thought better of it.  Asking for pictures of someone's current residence (even in jest) is just creepy and weird.  If anyone posted pictures of my house/apartment/whatever on here, I would beat the living shit out of them (especially in light of stuff like this).

Most of us that have been here for any length of time are quite aware of the reputation of this seller/reseller and of their alleged antics.  Chargebacks on purchases alone is a serious offense and I am in no way defending them.  But there is no feedback whatsoever (good or bad) in the User Feedback Forum and no formal complaints in the Bad Trader Alert thread regarding this individual that I can see.  If you or anyone was ripped off, you should be providing specific details about these transactions and warning other people through these avenues.  That would accomplish a lot more than making personal attacks via cryptic comments.  That's all I'm saying.

• Like 1

Well they deleted their post after your comment on it. But thats fine too.

My comment about the pics was a joke. I thought that it was a pretty obvious joke making light of the "pics please!" that is often used here for stuff.

Anybody that has dealt with schoolgirl (and been screwed over, taken advantage of etc.) can already pull up pics of schoolgirls digs on google maps anytime we want because we have his address. Should we chose to for some reason.

And yes most people are aware of schoolgirl, i have been accessing atariage since about 98-99 myself. But this stuff isnt for long term members really its more to let newer people be aware of them. And honestly its a topic for us to joke about as its level of ridiculousness has become rather epic (insert shatnerism here).

And there is basically a whole thread dedicated to just schoolgirls antics, so its already very documented in numerous places. (Juicers thread, etc.) But yes if its not in the user feedback thread, people definitely should add it there too.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2019 at 3:14 AM, Kosmic Stardust said:

Holy cow, epic bump! Yeah, no personal attacks or doxing please.

I think the only angle we have here is a heterosexual male ebay scalper posing with a funny screenname (ie "schoolgirlinashortdress") to attract attention of geeks and okatus online so he could increase traffic and sales. It worked, sadly...

No self respecting woman would post a screenname like that! I should know; I am one!

Later, Alita!??

I must admit, I sell better on ebay with my female nickname than my male, and male buyers  are friendlier as well. Gullible males.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, high voltage said:

I must admit, I sell better on ebay with my female nickname than my male, and male buyers  are friendlier as well. Gullible males.....

Hahaha! Yes it is absolutely true. Especially in gaming culture. And yielding a feminine or androgynous persona on a game shop can be a strategic angle to boost sales.

I shouldn't generalize but lot of female gamers tend to get placed on a pedestal for some reason or another, whether it's because we are perceived as a rarity, or perhaps a cis male gamer feels that their girlfriend doesn't approve of their gaming habits, and secretly wishes he were with a female who shared his interests. Whatever the reason, it can get creeper though (and I'll admit regrettably, I have at times been in the past been part of the problem, not the solution), to be singled out, good intentions or not, and after all is said and done, people want to just be accepted, not put down, raised up either.

And lots of cis-guys of course chose female avatars or alias for whatever reason, and it's totally acceptable. Rosalina is still my goto racer in MAriokart. Be whomever you want to be in cyberspace, but respect other's privacy always. ?