IGNORED

Which Games Had Overlays?

VectorGamer

Taken from NIAD's Collector Rarity List document:

Following is a complete list of the overlays that were included with certain games:

- 2010: The Graphic Arcade Game

- Cabbage Patch Kids: Picture Show

- Dam Busters, The

- Dr. Seuss Fix-Up the Mix-Up Puzzler

- Facemaker

- Fortune Builder

- Front Line (Super Action overlays)

- Ken Uston Blackjack & Poker

- Mouse Trap

- Rocky: Super Action Boxing (Super Action overlays)

- Smurf Paint'N Play Workshop

- Spy Hunter (regular and also Super Action overlays)

- Star Trek (Super Action overlays)

- Super Action Baseball (Super Action overlays)

- Super Action Football (Super Action overlays)

- War Room

- WarGames

This is slightly off-topic, but speaking of overlays, I've been briefly testing each game in my collection (to properly assign description icons to each game for the trading card project) and I've come accross certain games for which homebrew overlays haven't been made yet:

- Dance Fantasy (not certain it really needs an overlay, but I know the keypad is used)

- Gust Buster (select balloon to inflate/deflate with the keypad)

- Motocross Racer (shift gears with the keypad)

I would gladly create overlay templates for those games myself but I have no time to do this right now. Perhaps someone out there would be interested? ;)

Sounds like a job perfectly suited for PBoland.

For those that missed this thread, use the forum search feature to find Phil's thread about his Custom and Reproduction CV overlays with complete pics and ordering details. They are outstanding quality and very reasonably priced.

Sounds like a job perfectly suited for PBoland.

For those that missed this thread, use the forum search feature to find Phil's thread about his Custom and Reproduction CV overlays with complete pics and ordering details. They are outstanding quality and very reasonably priced.

Well I searched and no hits found. Of course, this forum doesn't have the best search capabilities.

Edited by rmaerz

Well I searched and no hits found. Of course, this forum doesn't have the best search capabilities.

Always glad to help out... I was in a hurry earlier. I entered "PBoland overlays" in the search criteria on the main CV&ADAM Forum page and the thread in question was the 4th or 5th one listed.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/202786-colecovision-overlays-available-reproduction/?hl=+pboland +overlays

This is slightly off-topic, but speaking of overlays, I've been briefly testing each game in my collection (to properly assign description icons to each game for the trading card project) and I've come accross certain games for which homebrew overlays haven't been made yet:

- Dance Fantasy (not certain it really needs an overlay, but I know the keypad is used)

- Gust Buster (select balloon to inflate/deflate with the keypad)

- Motocross Racer (shift gears with the keypad)

I would gladly create overlay templates for those games myself but I have no time to do this right now. Perhaps someone out there would be interested? ;)

I guess I could do this. They only problem is, I don't own those games. :( I guess as long as I can get my hands on the instructions for the games I should be able to make them happen.

• Like 2

I guess I could do this. They only problem is, I don't own those games. :( I guess as long as I can get my hands on the instructions for the games I should be able to make them happen.

You can find the manual of Gust Buster on Digital Press. Essentially, keys 1, 3, 7 and 9 allow the player to select which balloon to focus on for inflating/deflating (with the left and right buttons).

For Motocross Racer, it's pretty simple: Keys 1, 2 and 3 are first, second and third gear respectively. You would need to check if there's a pause function or any other special keypad functions.

For Dance Fantasy, the manual is geared toward the C64 and Atari computers (like most of the manuals of the Fisher Price and Spinnaker games, which really sucks) so you would need to do tests on real hardware to make sure you get the overlay right.

Do you have an SD cart or a 128-in-1 USB cart, Phil?

There was a thread on here, actually two IIRC, about three years ago where a number of people supplied manual scans in PDF format and all the original releases where completed.

You can find the manual of Gust Buster on Digital Press. Essentially, keys 1, 3, 7 and 9 allow the player to select which balloon to focus on for inflating/deflating (with the left and right buttons).

For Motocross Racer, it's pretty simple: Keys 1, 2 and 3 are first, second and third gear respectively. You would need to check if there's a pause function or any other special keypad functions.

For Dance Fantasy, the manual is geared toward the C64 and Atari computers (like most of the manuals of the Fisher Price and Spinnaker games, which really sucks) so you would need to do tests on real hardware to make sure you get the overlay right.

Do you have an SD cart or a 128-in-1 USB cart, Phil?

I will add these to my orphan overlay set that I plan on making this year. Thanks for the heads up. Interest Check: Orphan Overlays For CV?