IGNORED

HSC11 Round 1: "A" Atari Invaders & AE

Bring Your "A" Game

Welcome to season 11

First up it's Atari Invaders and AE

Links

Use Fandal to download the games Atari Invaders (XEX) & AE (2 disk ATR)

Use Atarimania for the instructions Atari Invaders & AE, Amusing review of Atari Invaders on Post #37

atari_invaders.pngae.png

Settings

Play each game on the default level ;)

AE will need a disk swap (I can't see a file version of the A8 version just the 5200 port) so emulator users will need to attach Disk 2 when prompted to "Turn The Disk Over" on the title page before pressing fire. [Altirra File Disk Drives D1. Atari800win+4.0 File Attach Disks Drive 1]

APE users it works ok (tested on my 130xe) Load Disk 2 to Drive 1 when you get to the menu and leave it mounted (it takes a little while to load between stages)

Atari Invaders can be paused with Ctrl-1 :!:

Scoring

Each game will earn place points these will be totalled and then converted to real HSC points; this will become clear when I do the 1st table :-o

Bonuses (1 HSC point each)

Atari Invaders: Game 9 (press Option[f4]) highest score only

Atari Invaders: Beat HSC record of 57,510 (trbb S7R4)

Top NTSC player of each round

Join in EVERYONE, have fun and I encourage you to post scores as you go as it keeps things interesting. If you need any help just ask. This round will finish 10am UK time Sunday 2nd Feb

GAME ON!

I started playing two games already...

which I would say is ok and possible.

but six games is rather hard...

my oppinion jason is, please reduce upcoming rounds on maybe two games.

so it is really hard to play all well.

and we want to have FUN, hehe...

but it is up to you, as sikor said: you are the boss.

jason, please check PM for another reason please.

cheers

markus

This is my first round playing in this and so I'm just a bit confused. Do I choose one game from the list or do I have to submit six different scores? I do like the choice in games (how could I complain when a game I suggested made the list?!?). I love shooters... it's just that I'm not any good at them. I think that I'll make myself a Flashcart with just these six games on it. It'll be pick up and play for me. Hopefully I can find NTSC versions of all of the games.

5510 atari invaders.

Playing it for first time, I hit a bug qhen the mother ship is sending new invaders:

http://manillismo.blogspot.com/2014/01/atari-invaders.html

(never I played this version before, only cartridge space invaders)

"Hit a bug" :D I think there may be a few (really) but you might try another version from atarionline.pl, they have 3 ATRS and 2 XEXs :)

Thanks, I was wondering how all those other games got added when they didn't win the vote. :ponder: ;)

I was a bit concerned that Atari Invaders was not enough to keep people amused but AE seems to offer a good challenge so I think we're ok ;-)

AE 31,700 To give you all something to shoot for :D Not a game I've played, a little hard to see on PAL/CRT and it could do with some more stages adding. Like the skill to aim the shots, going to enjoy playing this. I did checkout the 5200 port but the invaders flicker a lot :-o

post-19705-0-53903200-1390130345_thumb.jpgNext up Atari Invaders!

Atari Invaders

The competition has started :thumbsup:

and so have the puns :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

;-)

Invaders 12460 :sleep:

Tried AE and it crashed on the 2nd level :mad:

I'm ok on the ATR from fandal (I think) on my 1050/130XE... off to Poland with you ;) have a crack at the 'Game 9' challege... the game would be much better if it had single fire and a small delay like the real deal :ponder: and don't even think about beating my Invaders HSC record :P

12,310 Darn it I was a bit rusty.. how embarassing! sorry inhabitants of planet Earth :-o

post-19705-0-76431900-1390134360_thumb.jpg

Never was a big fan of Space Invaders. I like playing it but I soon get bored, so I'm not sure I'll play it enough to start challenging your record.

I was using the ATR from Fandals site on my 800XL via APE and my SIO2PC. I'll have a go on an emulator later

AE Might be something to do with it loading each stage - you need to leave it mounted....

AI They go back up again but it does continue to get harder 21,750 to be going on with (Invasion 18)

post-19705-0-50179600-1390136808_thumb.jpg

Hi guys, I am extremely noob to Atari 8-bit.

post-24145-0-32468000-1390220721_thumb.jpg

1600 for Atari Invaders

I haven't gotten AE to run right yet. Finally figured out how to load from a floppy disk but then it bugged on me lol. I will keep messing with it but since the closest I've gotten is the 800 XL I use as a display piece I don't really know what I'm doing yet! :P