9th ballyalley (n) 11,100 12
10th roadrunner (n) 10,800 11
11th Gury (p) 10400 10

Bonus Point Challenge: Atari Invaders Game 9

1st krupkaj (p) 7,750
2nd McKong (p) 7,000
3rd ballyalley (n) 4,740

4th roadrunner (n) 3,780

I just realized that NTSC is faster than PAL (as many other games), and there is an extra point for it ?

I have been playing PAL :S

Does it matter the video system for the HSC ?

There was last season :D This time there's a 1pt bonus for the top NTSC player each round. If we had enough players I could run two tables but this is unlikely! I'm still tryin to get an NTSC unit if anyone has one spare and wants to quote for shipping one to the UK (I don't necessarily need the cables)

Emulator users can pick PAL or NTSC... I'd suggest if you struggle with games then go for PAL but some games benefit from the extra speed. It's nice to see some of the newer games coded to automatically adjust (like the recent Pac-Man 'Arcade' version) :)

Small Improvement for AE

post-34056-0-30745300-1390801314_thumb.png

OK 15900 on the PROPER version...lol

post-34056-0-71211600-1390813871_thumb.png

Another Improvement: 25800

post-34056-0-46668500-1390815744_thumb.png

I sure am glad that all shooters are not like this..it is a fun game but you have to unlearn your basic instinct to fire away continuously..I think I have figured this shooting thing out on this game.

Edited by NIKON

...[AE]

I sure am glad that all shooters are not like this..it is a fun game but you have to unlearn your basic instinct to fire away continuously..I think I have figured this shooting thing out on this game.

I'm thinking there must be another one like this somewhere? Some games have guided l/r shots but controlled height and the cluster explosion is quite a neat idea - I might borrow this for a future game :)

Invaders: After getting landed on on Invasion 3 as the Mother Ship did the dirty on me I improved my score, but not enough to worry McKong :twisted:

post-19705-0-07707900-1390847444_thumb.jpg

p.s. Nice score devwebcl :thumbsup:

I'm thinking there must be another one like this somewhere? Some games have guided l/r shots but controlled height and the cluster explosion is quite a neat idea - I might borrow this for a future game :)

I was just thinking that whoever thought up the idea of this AE game....what was he on???? I mean this is completely out in left field as far as shooters go...until this round I only played this game a few times and got pretty frustrated and just gave up...but I thought I give it another go based on the advice you gave someone in an earlier post about guiding your shots...then a light bulb went off in my head and I am now starting to really get into this game..however now that I understand what I am suppose to do..I now find it equally as frustrating as when I did not know what to do...but the frustration is a good kind in that it is a challenge to me now.

Sometimes when one does not know the particulars of a game one can excel at it...but once he understands the game may start to do less than good. (make sense??)

Sounds like we need an ancient Chinese proverb....

The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials

:-D

or you guys can make one up... I could do with one too:

After spending 4 days debugging my re-written assembler routines in order to free up some RAM (that I had originally spent many gruelling months getting to work) I think I've just found the serious bug that was corrpting my PMGs.. the 130XE is assembling again now beep beep beep... did I mention the routines are now larger than when I started :mad: ... good job the abbuc contest is still several months away; I'm aiming to be only 1 year behind with Ramp Rage! :-o

As some of you have seen the Poll for Round 2 "B" Games is now OPEN

Remember this season to vote for as MANY choices as you like ;)

My A.E. score is 17,000.

I used a program called XSplit to record the video. It was able to capture the emulator and mutiple webcams simultaneously. I used the free unregistered version, but I am probably going to register it as it is a really cool piece of software.

I was just thinking that whoever thought up the idea of this AE game....what was he on???? I mean this is completely out in left field as far as shooters go...until this round I only played this game a few times and got pretty frustrated and just gave up...but I thought I give it another go based on the advice you gave someone in an earlier post about guiding your shots...then a light bulb went off in my head and I am now starting to really get into this game..however now that I understand what I am suppose to do..I now find it equally as frustrating as when I did not know what to do...but the frustration is a good kind in that it is a challenge to me now.

Sometimes when one does not know the particulars of a game one can excel at it...but once he understands the game may start to do less than good. (make sense??)

Nikon,

for me the first steps with the game where curious too as I thought what a bullshit game... but than I recognize I had pushed from the game before I played the autofire button on, which makes with AE no sense, as than the rockts just blow away the ships directly before the own ship. Meanwhile I play all day 1-3 rounds to maybe beat my highscore and get finally maybe also back on rank 3, but things won't happen, my han solo inside do not wake up for these days :-D

cheers and join playing

markus

My A.E. score is 17,000.

I used a program called XSplit to record the video. It was able to capture the emulator and mutiple webcams simultaneously. I used the free unregistered version, but I am probably going to register it as it is a really cool piece of software.

Awesome view on gameplay...

really cool software.

still x-mas there ? ;)

• Like 1

Personally I love whoever suggested AE. Here's a little game I'm loving that I would never have known about if I hadn't decided to play this week. Keep on being awesome HSC, I don't care if I'm at the bottom of the rankings! :D

AI: 5670

Great attitude, nice post :thumbsup: Bluecat will be playing soon and challenging for bottom of both tables ;)

What were you saying about the XL being a "display piece"?

p.s. Nice hat Markus :thumbsup:

HSC players...

let me know something:

finally I run on Atari Invaders a really good score.

it was

but it was in invasion 11...

how you solve this situation?

when the invaders are just one line to go?

I was two times now in this invasion and failed...

any hints here?

HSC players...

let me know something:

finally I run on Atari Invaders a really good score.

it was

but it was in invasion 11...

how you solve this situation?

when the invaders are just one line to go?

I was two times now in this invasion and failed...

any hints here?

quickly take out the bottom left one and without stopping zoom across and shoot each one (be careful not to miss!!!). Every 11th wave the pressure is on but then they go back up so you can breathe again ;-)

Improvemet on AE to 36,700 - still round 1 on the 2nd loop

post-19705-0-69249100-1390949021_thumb.jpg