IGNORED

Ghost N' Zombies tips

grips03

Level 1 - The Forest

* Get to Gargoyle ASAP, stay behind the first tomb stone, stay ducked, shoot him 3 times while ducked. Jump when needed.

* Duck, shoot plant, then time 3 shots at white things.

* Get to boss and run right at him, he will jump over you and clear the hero. When Boss is on left of screen he will jump and start to move right and then jump one more time, on his 2nd jump, run under him. Keep shooting until Boss is dead. Make sure to stay on right side of screen while doing this.

level 2 - The City

* Shoot 3 golden guys, shoot plant on descent. Leave this screen on the ground not in the air.

* Shoot one blue guy and run to right, run fast!!!

* Don't climb ladder, shoot pig looking guy's feet by staying on level below them and going to edge of were the run back and forth and jump and shoot until dead. Hero's shots go through the stone walls, so use this to your advantage. Hero may "jump" to same level as pig guys, but keep shooting you don't need armor to defeat Boss.

* Go very slow into this screen, otherwise you fall in water pit. Don't jump on all platforms, just float to right as much a possible. Shoot blue guy at halfway point.

* Try to be at Boss screen with ~55 seconds left on timer, Boss has same pattern as Level 1, i.e. run right at him, he jumps. He does single jump on your right and double jump on your left.

Level 3 - The Cave

top score so far is 4050

At one time it seemed like the score just would keep going up and up, but then hero died

Edited by grips03

Best score so far thanks to Dave's arcade controller.

qyteryta.jpg

My best anyway!

newcoleco has a great video on game play on youtube. Only watch if you want to beat the game quick. Game is 3 levels, so it might be best just to keep playing until you beat the last boss and then watch the video. This way you can enjoy the game more.

Edited by grips03

Is there a way to get back to the ultimate SD load screen without having to turn your console on and off every time?

Yes, there's a little button at the top of the cartridge, which serves as a "menu reset": Press this little button, then press the reset button on the console, and you should return to the main menu of the SD cart.

Hum..you play GNZ on a ultimate SD... :(

That is somewhat disappointing...seeing as I just ponied up over $200 for my copy. Looks like it is time for a second run of carts Youki. ;)

PS: if I knew the ROM was available, I would have happily played that on a flash cart until I could buy a legitimate copy produced on a second run. I am sure many others would echo this sentiment. Either way, I am very happy I was able to get a hold of the one I now have in my collection.

That is somewhat disappointing...seeing as I just ponied up over $200 for my copy. Looks like it is time for a second run of carts Youki. ;)

PS: if I knew the ROM was available, I would have happily played that on a flash cart until I could buy a legitimate copy produced on a second run. I am sure many others would echo this sentiment. Either way, I am very happy I was able to get a hold of the one I now have in my collection.

Adamchevy own the original cart as far i know.

I understand it is more convinient to have all your CV game on a Ultimate SD. (i do that myself...).

Just , i would prefer that the rom wouldn't be dumped.

Anyway , we can not control that . :)

• Like 1

Adamchevy own the original cart as far i know.

I understand it is more convinient to have all your CV game on a Ultimate SD. (i do that myself...).

Just , i would prefer that the rom wouldn't be dumped.

Anyway , we can not control that . :)

Anything with the message after level 3 boss? Are you working on Ghost n' Zombies 2? Perhaps using a Mega cart?

Anything with the message after level 3 boss? Are you working on Ghost n' Zombies 2? Perhaps using a Mega cart?

I had planed GnZ as a trilogy. Not sure it will be... but a Gnz 2 is very probable... ;)

Mega cart, i don't think.

3 reasons for that.

1- i love the 32k challenge , and i think it is more authentic . i like to think my games could have been released in 1982.

2- i know me , if i use megacart, i will never finish the game because i will add more and more and never stop until i reach the limit ... so i will take me 10 years to release GNZ 2... with 32k i must stop quickly ..i have no choice.

3- SDCC version that support megacart runs extremely slow on my computer .. and i did not figured yet why (but i did not investigate too much yet ).

• Like 5

Hum..you play GNZ on a ultimate SD... :(

No funny business here, I sold him my original CIB last month... although I wouldn't mind the opportunity to buy it back at the $200 price tag that bennybingo paid seeing as that is the last one to be sold and the new market standard!!!!

I had planed GnZ as a trilogy. Not sure it will be... but a Gnz 2 is very probable... ;)

Mega cart, i don't think.

3 reasons for that.

1- i love the 32k challenge , and i think it is more authentic . i like to think my games could have been released in 1982.

2- i know me , if i use megacart, i will never finish the game because i will add more and more and never stop until i reach the limit ... so i will take me 10 years to release GNZ 2... with 32k i must stop quickly ..i have no choice.

This is true. If weren't for 32KB limit, I would still be adding stuff to PONG and Computer Space now. I still have a lot of stuff I want to put into PONG. At some point it has to be completed.